PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

Ruffus
03-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I set up my 5ver to and unhooked then discovered that it still leans to one side. I cauculated that one more 1-1/2 inch spacer under both tires on one side will bring it level. My question is, can I jack up one side of both axles and put the spacer under the tires or do I need to hook back up and try to level it the proper way? :confused:

HigginsPod
03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
think I would hook it back up and try again. Don't think I would let the DH jack it up off the ground!!! And if he insisted.......... I would stomp my foot til he listened!!!! HOOK IT BACK UP..... sorry thought I was talking to him.

Handysam
03-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Ditto, NO JACKING.

chuck&gail
03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I also would not jack it up if it was mine, your choice.

hankpage
03-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Jim, So you got the trailer exactly where Sharon wanted it without any arguments and your afraid to move it. :rolleyes: I know the feeling but I think I would hook back up .... it's probably safer. :D Hank

Ruffus
03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
No Hank, the problem is that my 83 year old father-in-law (a great guy) has us parked in front of his house but we have to put the truck on his front lawn to unhook. Well it started raining right after I got it set so not to make rutts in his yard I unhooked before checking the level really close and Sharon said it would be fine. About 20 years ago he had me park my trailer one summer under a couple large Elm trees on his side yard and after the nightly thunder storms we had to pull my truck and trailer out with my brother-in-laws 4X4 and I heard about those rutts for the last 20 years, in a joking way, but still I hear about them. I guess I wait now until the yard drys before hooking back up.:rolleyes: