PDA

View Full Version : split vinyl

truckerlar
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
We out this afternoon to check the trailer after it has sat at the storage lot for the winter and found that the vinyl in the kitchen all the way to the side out had split...floor under it is dry, no sign or water leakage. The trailer is a laredo 29 ' with slide out in the livingroom and dining room...
Upon closer inspection the vinyl has done the same thing in the bathroom....now what do we do ? The trailer is a 2008 , I don't know if something like this is covered by warrenty...can you help us?:::

campingcpl
03-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry to hear that. So far we have been lucky and not had that problem in any of our trailers but I have seen several post of other people that have had that problem. Being an '08 you might have trouble getting that covered unless it states that your floor covering has more than a 4 year warranty and then they would probably tell you that you would have to contact the floor covering company to cover the warranty. Most the post I have seen from people that have had this problem have ended up cutting out the old vinyl and replaced it with vinyl that they have got from a local home repair store. I've heard of some people even using the self adhesive tiles or laminate flooring. Good luck and I hope you can get it fixed.

Festus2
03-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Regarding the splitting vinyl in your RV........ I just did a search on the forum (typed in "split lino") and found several posts about this same problem. It seems that several units that were stored in frigid temperatures over the winter experienced this same problem. Some indicated that this subsequent shrinking might account for the splitting while others felt it was caused by (a) an inferior vinyl product (b) shoddy installation (c) inferior glue.
You might want to do this search and read for yourself what others have had to say.

Contacting your dealer and Keystone and explaining this problem to them might be prove to be beneficial. Even though your regular warranty has expired, you may get some satisfaction or compensation or at least some guidance from them as to what you could do to address this issue.

W.E.BGood
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
When we bought our Starcraft Travelstar brand new in 2008, the dealer had had it in stock for about 5 months over the winter. During the PDI we found the linoleum under the sissors couch had split about 20 inches long. The dealer replaced it of course and chaulked it up to it being stretched too tight in installation combined with the change in temps over the winter. Regards, BGood