PDA

View Full Version : Front Jack Switch??

six_nine_tall
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the welcome(s)! Checked the posts and lost sleep about thinking where the jack issue could be as all fuses were good. Appears to be a short in the Extend/Retract switch - the switch doesn't operate when pushed up (extend) but works fine when pushed down - inverting the black and red wires from the motor to the switch allowed the jacks to extend.

Next hurdle, where does one find an extend/retract switch for a Keystone Laredo?

Moderator's Note: This post originally appeared in "New Member Check-In". Moved to this "Technical" category.

Handysam
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
If your model is under warranty, or even if it's not, I would contact your dealer for the switch. So your jacks never worked from new? I would think at some point the jacks had to go up to get it from the dealer. So the wires being backwards seems odd to me. Are you 6'9" tall as your member name states? Happy Camping, Sam

THedges
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I would definitely check with the dealer. I had my rear electric leveler quit working and it ended up being a motor. A new one was over $400, even though it was 30 days out of warranty, the manufacture sent me a new one.

Good luck.

six_nine_tall
03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
HandySam, yes, actually that tall - hence our selection of the loft unit. I don't knock my head around on lights and vent openings...but it does make using the rear commode (under the loft) a bit more interesting. The extra headroom in the main living space was worth the trade off. And our kids, even though they're teenagers, still thought the loft space was "cool"...so, win - win for our family!

Contacted the dealer - switch is apparently on its way!