PDA

View Full Version : Camping Clubs

SJMcKee
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi All,

Been looking at these various camping discount offers, narrowed down to two,
Camping Club, and Passport America. I'm a Big Sam member already, but the cost of campsites just keep going up. My big concern is with the discount cards I will run into "No sites available", or campgrounds honoring are far an few between.
Any feedback on these programs or others.

Thanks Steve.:confused:

laidback
03-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi Steve, We are full-timers and I personally found that Good Sam works the best for us. Tried a couple of others and found black out times and not good on week-ends. Just kept the Good Sams and seems to be all I need. Good luck and Happy trails.

campingcpl
03-25-2011, 06:39 AM
I have used the Passport America a couple of times. The campgrounds we stayed at were nice and pretty cheap. The only problem is a lot of the participating campgrounds are going to black out dates. You really have to watch because a lot of them don't allow for the discount on weekends, holidays or even durring peak season camping. I opted not to renew my memebership with them for these reasons. We do use our Good Sam's every chance we get. We have also found it more affordable to try and stay at State Parks and State Rec' areas or even National Parks.

Rock7
09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Use Passport America myself. Blackout dates and times are not in concrete.
Some abide, others ignore them. Be sure to ask. 2010 I was out for 70 nites and was not refused. Only got the blackouts imposed I think like 3 times.
Some allowed us weekends when they were supposed to charge more.
Only had 1 CG I'll not return to. Ft Stockton TX.
GS is good,But 10% off then add 8% sales tax is almost moot.

jq1031
09-07-2011, 05:15 AM
I've been a "Passport" member for 4 years & always get my moneys worth. Just this past June I stayed at a CG on Cape Cod for 7 days at half price. You are bound to get at least what you spend in dues.

Outbackmel
09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
We are owners at http://www.rranchga.com located in north GA mountains. We host Passport America and Coast to Coast on a basis of selected blackout dates and limited stays. The REASON is simple. We have "owners" who only use the resort on selected dates and come in from all over the country. The ranch is required to have space for them as a priority.

When we travel, we use GS or KOA and never have an issue. I use RVParkReviews.com as a sounding board and make my own decision and ride with it.

Going to AZ for the winter. Fortunately I have a friend in Mesa and he visited the campground we reserved and confirmed all the reports as positive.

Lots of choices out there......Just went to FL for 2 weeks to see the last shuttle. Spent 1 week on the ocean and 1 week at The Great Outdoors RV Resort in Titusville. In Jacksonville we stayed at Hanna Park (city owned) full hookup for $32 a night. South it was $45. Room in the 5er was clean and comfortable and NO BED BUG concerns :bdance: