PDA

View Full Version : Springdale Model 247FWRLLS

reubenray
03-21-2011, 06:33 AM
This is one of the fifth wheel models that I looking using my Toyota Tundra to pull. The only issue I have is the couch. We (my wife and myself only) prefer to have two chairs instead.

Is it possible to get chairs instead of a couch?

JRTJH
03-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm strictly guessing on this, but I'd suspect that Springdale, being the entry level that is is, probably wouldn't want to start substituting on the assembly line. That being said, it does appear that the sofabed in the 247 is similar to the one that's in my 242. If that is true, then yes, it is freestanding and you can get it out of the trailer (not easily I might add) through the very narrow door. Once out, you can pretty much redecorate with anything you might want to put in the space.

You could find a 247 on a dealer's lot, make sure what I suggested above is actually the way it's built, if so, then talk to the dealer, see if he is willing to do the subs for you. It won't be free because he's most likely going to have to order the chairs and once you're gone, he'll be stuck with a sofa he will have problems getting rid of.

Probably the best bet, find a 247, make sure the sofa is freestanding, measure that it will fit through the door, buy the trailer and then find your chairs and do your own replacement. it's probably cheaper that way in the long run.

reubenray
03-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I never gave it any thought of how to get the couch out or how to get the chairs in.

reubenray
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Here is another option I have been looking at, but the weight info is not out yet. Any idea what they may be?

http://keystone-xlite.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=east&model=24RLS

Festus2
03-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Here is another option I have been looking at, but the weight info is not out yet. Any idea what they may be?

http://keystone-xlite.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=east&model=24RLS

reubenray:
If you click on this link, you will see the floorplan of the unit. There is a green-colored menu bar at the top with various links --- options, features, specs, etc. All of the information is there but you have to click on the various links to access it.

Click on the Specifications link and that will take you to another page which gives you all the specs -- length, height, weight, etc.

reubenray
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
reubenray:
If you click on this link, you will see the floorplan of the unit. There is a green-colored menu bar at the top with various links --- options, features, specs, etc. All of the information is there but you have to click on the various links to access it.

Click on the Specifications link and that will take you to another page which gives you all the specs -- length, height, weight, etc.

It still is showing "TBD".

24RLS Specifications
Shipping Weight TBD
Carrying Capacity TBD
Hitch TBD
Length TBD
Width TBD
Height TBD
Fresh Water TBD
Waste Water TBD
Gray Water TBD

JRTJH
03-27-2011, 01:52 PM
It still is showing "TBD".

24RLS Specifications
Shipping Weight TBD
Carrying Capacity TBD
Hitch TBD
Length TBD
Width TBD
Height TBD
Fresh Water TBD
Waste Water TBD
Gray Water TBD

Click on this link. It's on the same trailer, but in the "western US" half ton series. The specs are there. I'd guess they are almost identical for the "Eastern US" model.

http://keystone-xlite.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=west&model=244RLSWE

reubenray
03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Click on this link. It's on the same trailer, but in the "western US" half ton series. The specs are there. I'd guess they are almost identical for the "Eastern US" model.

http://keystone-xlite.com/index.php?page=floorplans&coast=west&model=244RLSWE

Thanks for the info. How does your Ford F150 pull the 242 that you have?

Moderator's Note:
JRTJH has already responded to the above question. See his response in "Towing and Tow Vehicle" section. He posted his reply to you yesterday (Sunday, March 27).

reubenray
04-02-2011, 05:56 AM
I came across a Tundra just like mine pulling a Dutchman Denali fifth wheel while in Biloxi, MS. He was from Ontario, Canada and has been traveling across the U.S. including to the West and the Grand Canyon. I actually talked to the man that had a huge motorhome that was traveling with him. This man made the comment that in the mountains the Tundra usually passed him going up the mountains. So I checked the weight of the Denali and the smallest one (I do not know which one he had) was 10,560 pounds. So I am using this as a maximum weight while looking. Some of my favorites ones weight is in the mid 8,000 pounds.

I have printed 8 different models that we like that will weigh less than the Denali as options. Of course the Springdale is the lowest. There is one Laredo, one Copper Canyon/Sprinter, one Xlite and one Cougar that we like. These four all weigh more than the Springdale. Are the quality of the standards/featuresbetter also?

Weight wise I believe the Springdale will work better for me, but I do not want to get something that is super cheap (quality/feature).

Festus2
04-02-2011, 07:01 AM
If you go to Keystone's website (www.keystonerv.com), you will be able to see the models you are considering. All of them have been grouped, by Keystone, into "low$, mid$ and high$" categories. Those ratings will give you a general idea regarding cost, and to some extent, quality.
It seems that there isn't much difference within categories with respect to quality or features. Personal preferences with regard to floorplans, decor, etc. are factors to consider.

All of the standard and optional features for each model are listed as well as numerous interior and exterior photos of each one.

Floorplans and specifications are found there as well.

You should note that the model features found in the Keystone brochures and on their website are not always current or accurate. Some members, after browsing through the site and printouts, have found that when their RV arrives at the dealership, doesn't always have what they were expecting.

KanTC
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
reubenray,

In reference to Laredo fifth wheels -- the 265RL (the one we have) is now the lightest/smallest/shortest model available. Ours is exactly 32ft long (including ladder) to the tip of the pin. Dry weight, as shipped from the factory, is 7800 lbs. with the dinette booth (standard) & upgraded 15K a/c. For comparison, although ours is a 2010, (& if the current 2011 info online is accurate) the only standard item shown for 2011 that we don't have is the *keyless entry system*, so the dry weight should be very similar.

Hope this helps!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

reubenray
04-02-2011, 04:30 PM
What type of mattress comes with the Springdale fifth wheel trailers? Is it a residential style or a foam one?

JRTJH
04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
What type of mattress comes with the Springdale fifth wheel trailers? Is it a residential style or a foam one?

It's a VERY cheap inner spring mattress with almost no padding over the springs. We haven't upgraded yet, but plan to in the very near future. Last fall, when we bought the trailer, we just didn't have much time until we had to winterize it and cover it. We still havent got the cover off, had planned to last weekend, but then we got another 11" of snow, now yesterday, 3 more inches. HOPEFULLY, in a couple of days, it'll be warm enough for this stuff to melt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we can take stock of the trailer and get back to personalizing it for the summer :)

reubenray
04-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Will a residential size queen mattress fit? After being in two households for years I have spares.

KanTC
04-05-2011, 05:59 AM
A residential queen size mattress is 7-8 inches longer than an RV queen... which 'may' interfere with walking around the bed, depending on the floorplan.

There's another thread about mattresses, here:

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1667

Terri [& DH Kevin] :)

Outbackmel
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
A few years back, we bought a used Hornet TT....mattress was shot. Measured desired max fit and went to a local mattress store and tried out a few in standard "queen" they had on the floor as samples. Found what we needed and ordered the correct length. Slept great for the next year, then bought the 5er:)
The 2011 Outback has a mattress we really enjoy. No upgrade was needed.

reubenray
04-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Being I am 6' 1" I will have to get a 80" mattress instead of the 74". This removes a lot of the Springdale's from my search.