PDA

View Full Version : The 326MKS Kitchen Vent

msp2jxr
03-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Can any one tell us how to open the kitchen vent on the Cougar 326MKS without using a step ladder? We are vertically challenged in the height department and there is no way we can reach the vent opening handle.

LarryL
03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi we have only had ours for a month have taken it out two times
for a week each time and have just turned the switch on the hood above
the stove on,I think thats all you have to do.

Ruffus
03-20-2011, 02:30 PM
You really don't need to open the hood vent, it's flexible enough that it will partially open when you turn on the hood fan. At least the one in my Copper Canyon does and I was told to leave it closed by the guy who did my PDI with me and he been doing this for 30 plus years. We have been fulltiming since last August and haven't had a problem with it venting yet and there has been no build up.:)

msp2jxr
03-20-2011, 05:31 PM
thanks for the replies folks, but we are referring to the roof vent which is on the ceiling...

hankpage
03-20-2011, 06:00 PM
thanks for the replies folks, but we are referring to the roof vent which is on the ceiling...

They make extension handles like this. http://www.rvpartscountry.com/VentStick or you can replace the vent with a remote controlled vent fan. Hope this is what you are looking for, Hank

Jim W
03-21-2011, 03:39 AM
We bought an inexpensive step stool last year, to reach the ceiling vent and the upper cabinets. Like this: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/e-z-foldz-folding-step-stool/3807
The stool folds up and is stored in one of the lower cabinets. My wife will pull this out as we set-up and put it away when we break camp.
We are now going to install a Fan-Tastic vent fan with a remote control and rain sensor. This will allow the unit to self close if it rains when we are away from the camper.
Jim W.

JRTJH
03-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Carry a 12 ga shotgun, when you get warm and need the ventilation, just pull the trigger..... Oh wait, that wouldn't work if it started raining...unless you carry a spare vent cover.

Humor aside, the extension crank tool is probably the easiest to use, but the ladder will come in handy for lots of other things. Either of those choices is a good one.

msp2jxr
03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions all. We had a fantastic fan with rain sensor in one of our old trailers and just loved it. Expensive option, but it worked great.
Thanks again!