PDA

View Full Version : New Cabinet Doors

bennydog
03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
When we first got our trailer there was a cabinet above the table that you could not get into and was large enough to lose small children in. We felt we could make better use of the space so I removed to panel covering it up.
Well winter came around and for me that means project time in the trailer. I did not like the look of the opening so decided to try my hand at using roll top doors to enclose the opening. Made sense to make them match. Let the project begin. First removed the old doors and shelf which I had added.

the width of the roll top material is ~48" and I used my miter saw to chop it in half. The openings were not the same width so I removed the center post. The new center post needed to be wider than the old one so I used oak, which is also the material for the roll top.
We have an outfit in town that does a nice job of color matching stains so I had taken them one of the old doors and all the new wood.
Once all the parts had their finish applied is was on to assembly. I purchased the roll top hardware on line, it is basically a plastic track that the door moves in with a spring loaded dowel at the top the the door rolls up on.

Then the doors go in.

Added in a new shelf on the right side and attached the handles.

cumminsdad08
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Great job:cool: looks awsome, and i also like what you did with the old doors, i was slightly confused as to where they came from, untill i scrolled down a bit:rolleyes: