PDA

View Full Version : Rick's RV, Ville Platte, LA = Fantastic support

B-O-B'03
05-17-2015, 10:37 AM
I have posted about the issues in other threads, but figured I would create a dedicated thread here, with pictures.

I was prepping our new 22RBPR for our first trip and found the furnace would not work, even though it was demonstrated during the PDI and I had previously tested it since getting the unit home.

After some digging around, I found the issue was caused by whoever cut the hole in the side wall, for the outside electrical outlet.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5461/17784582415_69060f8148_b.jpg

They also cut in to the kitchen sink drain pipe, that runs over the top of the furnace and most of the water I had been running down the kitchen sinks, during my testing, had poured into the furnace.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7704/17164272313_f6ecb0b11c_b.jpg

I seriously wonder if any 2, of the same model trailer, are actually built alike?

I called Rick's and emailed them the pictures I had taken, they said that since they were 5+ hours away from me and most likely I would be unable to take to local dealer and get it repaired in time for our trip, to go ahead and fix the drain pipe myself, send them a copy of the receipt for any parts I had to buy and let them know if the furnace started working after it dried out.

After the piping was repaired I left a small space heater aimed into the furnace compartment and let it sit for a couple of days... the furnace was definitely broken so I called Rick's and they sent me a new controller board, over night.

We had a furnace and water in the kitchen for our maiden voyage, both were needed :D

When we got home, there was a check waiting for us, from Rick's RV, including payment for my time to do the repairs... that was totally unexpected and much appreciated. :thumbsup:

After reading some of the posts on here regarding crappy service, I thought I was spread a little sunshine with my experience. It is so refreshing to deal with a company that cares about your, after they have taken your money.

Happy Camping,

-Brian

Javi
05-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting, sounds like a great dealer.

carwheel_09
05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
I guess that you must have bought from them. I didn't and was promptly told " if you didn't buy it here we won't work on it". I found a dealer in McComb, Ms that would work on mine regardless of were I bought it from.

B-O-B'03
05-18-2015, 07:47 AM
I guess that you must have bought from them. I didn't and was promptly told " if you didn't buy it here we won't work on it". I found a dealer in McComb, Ms that would work on mine regardless of were I bought it from.

Yes, I did buy it from them... were you looking for warranty work?

I have heard that some places are reluctant to do warranty work, if you did not buy from them.

Thanks,

-Brian