PDA

View Full Version : KOA Daytona & KOA KeyWest

Crazy Canucks
03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Looking for info (GOOD...BAD...UGLY) from people that have stayed at either of these KOA's in the past year or two.

ptodd47
03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't know about those 2 but the one in St Augustine is very nice. Probably a 30-45 minute drive to the track.

antiqfreq
03-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Check to see IF the state parks are open March 2012.

I have loved Long Key SP - it is awesome!
Also John Pennecamp is nice!! (Check allowable RV sites for this one)
Further South there is another State park (-name eludes me now) but I've
stayed there too.
KOA didn't look too nice to me - but maybe others will chime in - not to
mention their rates are probably outrageous.

Good luck - make reservations right now!!! State Parks fill up quickly.

Jo

hankpage
03-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Check to see IF the state parks are open March 2012.

Further South there is another State park (-name eludes me now) but I've
stayed there too.

Good luck - make reservations right now!!! State Parks fill up quickly.

Jo

Bahia Honda and I think it is first come, first served. Just over the bridge is Big Pine Key. There are two campgrounds on Big Pine and I think one is a KOA the other is Big Pine Fishing Lodge, one of the cleanest campgrounds we have ever stayed at. Big Pine is on the 30 mile marker and a quick trip to Key West and still far enough away to still be "Family Friendly".

jeffdodge06
03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
we have stay at the speedway koa for the 2009 turkey run it was ok it was tight in there if you are in the back the cable comes in a little fuzzy we put up the antana to watch tv it was clean i hope that helps u out and last year we stay at the daytona beach koa it was just as good as the orther they are owned by the same people

antiqfreq
03-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Bahia Honda was the third state park I couldn't think of the name of - they are all nice - and Bluewater is awesome - expensive if you can afford it but
awesome!