PDA

View Full Version : 2011 3912LEV Raptor slide covers?

CaptainMike
03-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for slide covers? I will be working out of my unit for the foreseeable future and want to protect the slide seals and keep things a bit cooler as well as shed some rain water. I seem to remember a tech at the dealership stating that slide covers would not work on my model? Sounded kinda weird, is he correct?
Also, I have seen some campers putting some blocking under the slide frames and supporting the hitch while sitting somewhere long term, any thoughts on this?

Festus2
03-15-2015, 03:39 PM
It may be that a slide cover won't work for your unit because there might not be enough room between the roof line and the trailing edge of the slide to mount it. Perhaps other Raptor owners of that year/model will be able to provide you with information.

I wouldn't put any kind of blocking or support under the slide frame --- it is designed and built to support the weight without having to provide any additional support.

Supports for the hitch are a different matter. Some folks use a tripod to reduce movement in the upper bedroom area while others use stabilizers such as Bal, Strongarms, or Steadyfast on the landing jacks and frame to reduce movement within the unit. This seems to be the way to go and produces the best results as opposed to the tripod.