PDA

View Full Version : Wheel torque value

burnsy
02-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Hello all! I cant seem to find a value of what my wheels should be torqued to. I have a 2015 fuzion 371. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

JRTJH
02-17-2015, 11:49 AM
That info is in the current (and all previous) printings of the Keystone Owner's Manual. Current edition: pages 23, 24, 25 and 26.

Link: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service/owners-manual

burnsy
02-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks very much for the reply JRTJH! I was looking in the dexter manual. Appreciate it!

JRTJH
02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
I would have just said, "The torque is 120 ftlbs" but there's a sequence and a repeat torque check to follow as well. I've found several that were loose over the past few years, enough to reinforce to me that they should be checked every trip before departure and every morning during the trip. For us, it's a "line item" on our departure checklist....

sourdough
02-17-2015, 06:07 PM
John is very right on the torquing every day - especially if you have a new truck. We went from TX to FL and I checked the wheels daily. EVERY day I had at least 2 on each truck wheel that had backed off. That continued for the entire trip. No problem with the trailer tires. Just make it a ritual to be safe.

Ron
02-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Hate to bring this up since you are talking about torque, you may want to double check your U bolts also and the torque on them, has been mentioned on this and other forums that many are not properly torqued upon arrival to dealer or consumer, ours were very loose after checking them when we brought our Montana home, not sure of the torque spec and of course would vary on different size of bolts...