PDA

View Full Version : Spread axle motion solution

traveler
02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
These are an option to the x-chock.
Fastway-onestep wheel chock by Equal-i-zer (the hitch company).
I got mine through RV Wholesalers but the manufacturer is Progress MFG in Utah.
It is mandatory to get the XL version for the spread axle.
I paid $54.99 each (2) then had to call the manufacturer to get the extension to make it the XL version.
100% of the motion is GONE, thank God!
I know these are not cheap but they work great, solid as a rock.

gkainz
02-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Looks interesting ...

http://store.rvdirect.com/rvdirect/details.php?ITEM=5684415

http://store.rvdirect.com/rvdirect/include/get_image.php?id=32781&table=pictures_lowres_data&size=full

The Sod Father
03-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Is there anything that locks it in place? I can just see a dog or a kid grabbing the cable, unlocking the chock and the trailer starts moving.

Wild Wild Qwest
04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
We have the extended X Chock. I leave it almost fully extended and crank it a few turns and then pop open a brown pop! brrrrrrrrrt!

jeep63
04-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I just purchased a Keystone Passport 200QS and have been looking at the X-chocks. My question is are all Passports setup the same from an axle configuration with respect to the spread? Basically should I be looking at these instead of the X-chocks?

Sparrow5181
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Measure the distance you need. We have a 2011 2590 and ordered the Extended X Chock. They are working great.

Pete and Jeanne
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Sod Father..got a set of these..no problemo for the spread axle so long as you have access to bar steel and a machine shop...lol.. At least thats what Jeanne and I had to do.. As for locking..the way the holes fall out they mate enough to place a padlock thru..

CincyGus
02-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks for sharing. These look like the easiest solution to stopping trailer shake and securely chocking the trailer, all in one. Put a padlock through it and you have an additional security measure fromt trailer theft. Really like this solution. With a bad back, the no bending is definetly a pro for me.

Shelbs
02-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Just to toss in my $.02, I got a pair of the X chocks for our new Passport 2850RL. Granted, the beast is still just sitting in the driveway, but I am really happy with them so far. And as previously mentioned, I think if you leave them mostly extended, the time and effort between "parked" and brown pop is very short.

CincyGus
02-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Ordered a set of the Fastway XL. I'll let you know how they work. Ordered just one and thinking just chocking the other side to start with. May have to get a second set but trying to go on the cheap with everything else I'm having to get this month with the upgrade to a TT from a Popup.

dksd39
02-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I use Rotochok's and really dont think there is a better made solution (personal preference of course). They are easy to use and lockable...but you pay for the quality. http://www.rotochok.com/

f6bits
02-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Rotochoks don’t seem to be available for the wider spaced axles. It looks to be a max of 6”.

dksd39
02-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Rotochoks don’t seem to be available for the wider spaced axles. It looks to be a max of 6”.

Yep the web site lists up to 6" spacing but if you call them you can order larger...I know up to 7 1/8 is available. May not fit every application but sure does cover most.

Pete and Jeanne
04-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Cincygus..just a belated thought... One thing to keep in mind..when you first get to your site and want to place your chocks keep in mind that the tires are hot from the road and are a little bigger than when parked and cold. Just a little snugger at first will keep you from rechecking and finding a loose chock later...but I'm just sayin'...Travel Well....

tundra246
04-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I made these fore my bullet cost me less than ten dollars and they work great.

Pmarx
04-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Very nice job. A lot cheaper than the X-Chocks. Do you know how much they weigh? I like to keep things as light as possible.

gilnutz
04-16-2012, 04:54 AM

Those are great! You should stain them and burn a logo into them.

bartletts
04-17-2012, 10:18 AM

I'm going to shamelessly copy your design this weekend, but I'll probably use a dark wood to avoid patent issues :)

Actually, this design would also be really easy to implement using metal square tubing, too. Angle cuts with pads on the end of each bar would avoid cutting into the tire tread. If you did it in aluminum, you could easily machine it yourself with a grinder and a belt sander.

Festus2
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I also made myself a pair of these and tundra246 is right - they work and; best of all, they are cheap. Mine are a bit smaller because the Cougar's 5th wheels are closer together. How light are they? They don't seem any heavier than some X-chocks I have looked at. On the ends of the 4x4's, I took a saw and cut small, criss-crossing groves which help to keep them from slipping.
If you Google "home-made wheel chocks", you will find a number of hits with photos, drawings and dimensions. Depending on the distance between the wheels, the length of the 4x4's will vary.
It's an easy DIY project with parts readily available.

SteveC7010
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Here's the set I made up for our '99 Sunline's tandems. When we bought the Cougar, I swapped out the threaded rod for a longer piece due to the larger diameter tires on the new trailer. The wood blocks stayed the same.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_34434_0_7fb41ee79a969f3de378f9e2f42dd3b9.jpg

CincyGus
04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Cincygus..just a belated thought... One thing to keep in mind..when you first get to your site and want to place your chocks keep in mind that the tires are hot from the road and are a little bigger than when parked and cold. Just a little snugger at first will keep you from rechecking and finding a loose chock later...but I'm just sayin'...Travel Well....

Thanks for the heads up.

I did re-adjust mine after the first trip, just for that reason as they were a little tight but then not as tight as I liked after double checking later that night. Also found a second set at the local dealer marked down due to someone returning them to $29! What a steal. Now usign a set on both sides and very happy with almost no movement at all. None when walking around.

eartha
01-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I have been using the Fastway for 2 TT now . They work great and when you get a little older you can set and release them standing up. Great product.:)