PDA

View Full Version : battery charging issue

frasercanyondweller
02-16-2011, 05:33 PM
A genuine NewBie to the site. Have a piece of land in the BC Fraser Canyon out of Hope BC. 2008 Outback Sydney 32BHDS. When I plug the battery charger into a 110 outlet it blows the breaker, I have changed out the converter to no avail. Brought it in the the dealer and paid $250 and told there was no problem. Soon as I parked it on lot and plugged in the breaker blew again. Any help/ideas? Damn inconvient as i have to use booster cable from tow vechile to trailer batterys to have any power.

Also I have 4 electric outlets that blow the breaker. Same issue with the dealer.

This problem is now 2 years old and has not ever been intemitent, it is continual.

many thanks
Dennis

hankpage
02-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Dennis, Welcome to the forum. Is your shore power wired properly??? It sounds to as if the polarity is reversed or you have no ground. Your outlets are fed off a common GFIC and trip the breaker if polarity is reversed. Purchase a simple outlet tester and plug in to your shore power ... they are only a few dollars at any hardware store or home center. Hope this helps, Hank