PDA

View Full Version : Cracked aluminum wheel

FLtravelers
02-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Had my Montana 3400RL in a trailer shop to look at tire wear / bent axle problem. (Another issue.) They noticed that one of my wheels had a crack that went all the way through one spoke and was beginning on the next spoke.

We move around alot, and stay in National & State Parks so the wheels get pretty tourqued backing into those tight spaces. That's the only thing I can think of for the cracked rim. There's no sign that the wheel hit anything.

Somewhat-local Montana dealer said I had to buy the tire with the rim for $600. Keystone gave me a number for a guy up there. He said $300 for just the rim. Better, but still outrageous for a rim. I tried a dozen RV salvage places, but no wrecked Montana's.

I don't see on this forum where this has been a problem. If it is a problem, for that kind of money I can almost buy four new steel rims.

Any thoughts?

Flyguy
02-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't know exactly where in Florida you are located but there is a vendor in Bradenton, Florida by the name of "Sturdy Built" located off of I-75 on SR64 east that will sell you all four aluminum wheels for little more than that! He's a seller on E-bay so you might look him up there if you are interested.

FLtravelers
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Don't know exactly where in Florida you are located but there is a vendor in Bradenton, Florida by the name of "Sturdy Built" located off of I-75 on SR64 east that will sell you all four aluminum wheels for little more than that! He's a seller on E-bay so you might look him up there if you are interested.

We used to live on LBK, so very familiar with Bradenton. We're now up north of Gainesville, but headed down that way next week. Thanks, I'll check it out.