PDA

View Full Version : Lake City, Florida

Frank NCenFL
01-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Th following article appears in the Lake City newspaper today. Don't think about stopping to rest at Walmart.

http://www.lakecityreporter.com/articles/2011/01/28/news/doc4d41cafe9e0f3943512003.txt

antiqfreq
01-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I think it is a shame with a city has such a law but having said that I used to go to the Gatornationals NHRA event every March and people travel as far as Lake City and farther to get a hotel room or a RV site. So, it does not surprise me that the businesses in that area do not want revenue that could be theirs going to the free-parking at Walmart.
I, ocasionally, do use Walmart when I need 3-4 hours or sleep and then hit the road again - but I usually call ahead to see IF they allow parking or not.
Most do - thanks goodness !

Jo
:rolleyes:

Flyguy
01-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Interesting that the people who are on the board also own the campgrounds. If this is what they want then there should be a bill introduced which regulates the fees that the campgrounds can charge!

Frank NCenFL
01-29-2011, 09:00 AM
I am not a Walmart camper. I have napped in a Walmart parking lot (so by Lake City's definition maybe I am a Walmart camper) while my wife shopped. Twice I have disconnected and bought fuel because I did not feel I could negotiate the pumps while pulling the 5er and one of those Walmarts did not sell diesel so I actually had to leave the premises (my wife was in shopping). You cannot pull a camper through the fuel pumps at the closest Walmart to me (Starke). In fact I can barely get my truck through that maze and I won't even try if it is crowded.