PDA

View Full Version : Empty space under oven

turbopilot51
01-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I have a 2006 31' Sprinter(Copper Canyon) that I want to add a drawer under the oven. The space right now has a panel that I have modified to allow access for inspection. Is there a drawer kit available that I can install? This would make great storage space in an area not being used. As we all know there can not be enough storage space says the wife!

ktmracer
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I have a 2006 31' Sprinter(Copper Canyon) that I want to add a drawer under the oven. The space right now has a panel that I have modified to allow access for inspection. Is there a drawer kit available that I can install? This would make great storage space in an area not being used. As we all know there can not be enough storage space says the wife!

Our outback has a drop down door for the space under the oven. Looking at the plumbing etc. under the oven, I decided rather than a pull out drawer the exisitng layout with an easy to open door worked well. You may want to consider turning the "inspection panel" into a door.

turbopilot51
01-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Our outback has a drop down door for the space under the oven. Looking at the plumbing etc. under the oven, I decided rather than a pull out drawer the exisitng layout with an easy to open door worked well. You may want to consider turning the "inspection panel" into a door.

The panel is just a flimsy 1/8 inch board that would not hold up. If I could find a board to match the cabinets I would do what you suggested.

ktmracer
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
The panel is just a flimsy 1/8 inch board that would not hold up. If I could find a board to match the cabinets I would do what you suggested.

you might want to compare your opening to the opening on an outback. If it's the same size or close you probably could order the drop down door front used on the outbacks.