PDA

View Full Version : Webber electric grill came with camper

MOPAR445
08-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Bought a new Cougar 5th wheel 29RET. High Country pkg. came with an electric Webber grill. Where ever I plug into an outlet outside of the camper, it trips the GCFI in the bathroom. What good is this grill? Do I plug directly into the pole on the site?

chuckster57
08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Does the GCFI pop if you plug anything else in the same receptacle?

Does the grill work if it's plugged into a different receptacle?

hankaye
08-09-2014, 07:43 AM
MOPAR445, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum ...

What's the amp rating on the Grill? What with it being a "Heating"
element type of thing I'd imagine it's probably kinda high ... so, it
may be trying to draw more than the outlet is willing to hand over.

hankaye

JRTJH
08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
MOPAR445, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum ...

What's the amp rating on the Grill? What with it being a "Heating"
element type of thing I'd imagine it's probably kinda high ... so, it
may be trying to draw more than the outlet is willing to hand over.

hankaye

That was my initial thought also, 15 amps for the A/C, 11 amps for the HWH and now, 15 amps for the grill. Any "self respecting" GCFI rated for 15 amps would "balk" at being asked for "favors" like that.... So would most 30 amp travel trailer electrical systems... LOL

Sometimes I wonder what Keystone is thinking. When we were at the factory, they were bragging about upgrading the grills in the High Country package to Weber. Some of us joked about walking out with a new grill "upgrade" if the tour host would look the other way. Now, after learning they are electric grills, I'm sort of glad I didn't push the issue... It's hard to plug a grill into the nearest pine tree when dry camping.

Like the "fresh water tank that only fills with pressure" it seems Keystone is moving further and further away from "self containment" and requiring "hookups" to be "self contained" or to use their systems...... :banghead:

itstime2ride
08-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Have that grill...came w raptor. Works fine. My guess is there is either a wiring issue w grill or too much running off of that outlet.

2BearsOnTheRoad
08-13-2014, 05:20 AM
We just bought a Cougar 333 MKS and love it - but it too came with a Free Weber Grill. The 5th wheel has a hot/cold outside water hookup and a propane line attachment beside them to make a kitchen area easily. Why an ELECTRIC grill when the trailer has 2 propane tanks already? Makes it reliant on a hook up to use the grill instead of being free and disconnected. Poor choice on Webers part to include this electric over a propane grill.

Brian & JJ

2014 Cougar MKS 333
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually 6 Speed Manual Transmission

x96mnn
08-13-2014, 06:21 AM
I really need to ask, and where it is free I guess one cannot complain. Why include an electric grill, I mean yes most times we have 50 amp three way sites or generators that can run a spaceship. I got a Napoleon electric grill and it was used once, to cook two hotdogs and it now sits on a shelf in my shed. Gas and charcoal cooking seems to go with camping much more then electric.

Then again who would have thought campfire selfies loaded to Facebook would become camping tradition.