PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles CA

homer3
08-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Well I am now convinced that I could probably pull 5er just about anywhere. Wife and I just got back from Pechanga RV Resort. After having left house and driving through LA traffic on on a Friday night after work and driving home though LA traffic during noon time rush hour, I feel fully qualified to just about drive anywhere in US. Having to compete with the nincomputes on the freeways give you a whole new respect for the 18 wheelers that have to do this on a daily basis and drive for a living. So many inconsiderate drivers out there all in a hurray to go no where. If your ever going south in through southern CA, I suggest you stay on the outskirts utilizing the I-5 to I-210 then I-15. this keeps you away from the idiots of the 101 and inner free ways of Los Angeles.

bsmith0404
08-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Yep, idiots everywhere and big city rush hour traffic will test your nerves, patience, and skills. My favorite experience was while driving through KC when a truck cut across three lanes right in front of me. I had two choices, lock em up or paste him to my front bumper as well as the guardrail separating my lane from the exit lane. I hit the brakes hard enough to relocate the couch and many other items in the 5er and still do not know how I missed him with the front bumper.

austinp
08-06-2014, 06:24 PM
I have lived in So Cal my entire life. You are right, idiot drivers are all over the area. On my last trip I had a guy on the 101 entering the freeway on my right side trying to merge by getting me to move to the lane on my left. Fat chance since I had heavy traffic all around and my total length is about 57'. So what did he do? Instead of speeding up or slowing down to merge, he kept going straight and ran off the road into the bushes. IDIOT!!!

Desert185
08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Grew up in California. Times have changed drastically, so I avoid the place. Condolences to my friends and family who are still there.

My least favorite trick demonstrated by "drivers" there, besides the described freeway merge, are the folks who can't drive on the curvy mountain roads, piddling along leading the parade, then accelerating where there is a passing lane so not many can pass, and then unreasonably slowing again for the curves when the passing lane ends. The brake light brigade. :banghead:

SAABDOCTOR
08-07-2014, 05:08 AM
YOU AIN'T THE ONLY ONES! WE got em on the east coast too. I95 through:eek: New York city!