PDA

View Full Version : Awsome mods and ideas!

Wolfwalker
01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
First want to say thanks to everyone in mods section. I now have some better ideas of what I am going to add to my list.

I have done a couple of mods on my 5ver; added a double duplex outlet in the basement with it's own power seperate from the trailer service for the heater I keep in the basement. Also upgraded the thermostat to a Hunter digital to aid in the swing temperatures (modmyrv.com)

Next I want to say until now I was getting great ideas from another site called
ModMyRv.com

Worth checking out for anyone wanting to mod their RV. So between this site and the other, lots of ideas.

Some of the ones I am going to do this next spring are: drop the entire underbelly and insulate and seal, add tank level guages (not senors-mine are so inaccurate), insulate basement and seal, dedicated outlets for heaters and the like, propane indicators and switch for water heater (elec)...

Seann
01-14-2011, 08:28 AM
First want to say thanks to everyone in mods section. I now have some better ideas of what I am going to add to my list.

I have done a couple of mods on my 5ver; added a double duplex outlet in the basement with it's own power seperate from the trailer service for the heater I keep in the basement. Also upgraded the thermostat to a Hunter digital to aid in the swing temperatures (modmyrv.com)

Next I want to say until now I was getting great ideas from another site called
ModMyRv.com

Worth checking out for anyone wanting to mod their RV. So between this site and the other, lots of ideas.

Some of the ones I am going to do this next spring are: drop the entire underbelly and insulate and seal, add tank level guages (not senors-mine are so inaccurate), insulate basement and seal, dedicated outlets for heaters and the like, propane indicators and switch for water heater (elec)...

if you use the spray foam make sure that wires and everything else will be accessible incase of trouble.... AND weigh your rig before and after to see how much weight you added with the spray foam

jje1960
01-15-2011, 01:55 PM
if you use the spray foam make sure that wires and everything else will be accessible incase of trouble.... AND weigh your rig before and after to see how much weight you added with the spray foam

Full can - empty can = X X(number of cans) = Total....

Save yourself from spending time, fuel, hasstle and weigh charges....

Just a thought....

Wolfwalker
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the awesome idea, however, my plan was to add extra 'pink' and upgrade furnace and ductwork with insulated ductwork...hadn't really thought of the spray foam idea....maybe...

hankaye
04-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Wolfwalker, Howdy;

Just sent ya a PM about the insulating stuff...

hankaye