PDA

View Full Version : RV Shows

Seann
01-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Can anyone tell me why I should pay to go to an RV show? That is like paying to go shopping. whats next pay to get into the mall? Pay to enter an auto dealership?...

Jim W
01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
It is the old story of, PAY ME NOW or PAY ME LATER. Someone has to cover the cost of the exhibition hall, insurance and the workers. I am sure the dealers pay something to exhibit their goods and service along with the other exhibitors.
If we did not pay some of the bill, then the dealer would just raise their prices that much more.
BTW, go on line and you can find coupons for these RV shows. I have printed out two, one for me and the other for the DW. The coupons lower the admission price by $4.00 each.
Jim

Seann
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
You guys just dont get it.... The dealers are paying to be there... paying LOTS.. but using your thinking the malls will soon start to charge to get in... the auto dealer ships too.. even Wal-mart..... The show at home is FREE or was the last time I was there... to me it is just STUPID to charge someone to go shopping...

66ken
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Some people are not shopping, their just kicking tires.

jje1960
01-08-2011, 07:57 AM
You guys just dont get it.... The dealers are paying to be there... paying LOTS.. but using your thinking the malls will soon start to charge to get in... the auto dealer ships too.. even Wal-mart..... The show at home is FREE or was the last time I was there... to me it is just STUPID to charge someone to go shopping...

Seann, please do not go camping in Myrtle Beach this coming summer. I'll be there for two weeks.... and frankly you sound pretty miserable this year and generally enjoy complaining.... JUST KIDDING... but dude, you need a massage or something.:)

traveler
01-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Sounds to me like Seann is a employee not an employer, otherwise he would not have to ask the question.

Festus2
01-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Okay gentlemen. You have all had an opportunity to express your views and comments. This discussion is heading off in the wrong direction and it would appear that any further input will not serve any useful purpose. Can you put this to bed, turn the lights out, close the door and move on?
Thank you.

BStiers
01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Okay gentlemen. You have all had an opportunity to express your views and comments. This discussion is heading off in the wrong direction and it would appear that any further input will not serve any useful purpose. Can you put this to bed, turn the lights out, close the door and move on?
Thank you.

I like going to shows, at a show I can see lots of different campers side by side and compare with out going dealer to dealer. I have limited dealer access and inventory where I am. I like to pull knobs and push buttons.

I also like to get campground and accessory info.

So yes I do not mind paying to go to a show.

antiqfreq
01-10-2011, 07:07 AM
This thread is now closed.

Moderators