PDA

View Full Version : Trip to KC

Sivymp1
07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Took a little trip with the fam to KC this last week. Left Monday and got back today. Was a little nervous since this was the first time pulling a 32' trailer. But after a while I was at ease. Gas pumps were clear and was in and out like a champ. Bent up one scissor jack, not sure just how yet but other than that it was nice. Stayed at Smithville Lake campground. Got back from the amusment parks one night and started a fire and sat back with a cold brew and looked at the lake and watched a momma raccoon and her babies walk by. Who needs motels and hotels, I didnt mind spending all that money on gas because that view was well worth it.:D

SAABDOCTOR
07-21-2014, 11:16 AM
And that's the truth!:d

BirchyBoy
07-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope you stopped at the Woodyard BBQ for some good eats!

Ken / Claudia
07-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Nothing like rving/camping and relaxing. Even when kids where small we still had fun and found the time away from home relaxing.

bsmith0404
07-21-2014, 02:06 PM
My wife love sitting out in the morning with a hot cup of coffee and watch the sunrise on a lake. Try to make sure the door side is always facing the lake when we set up. Our next favorite activity is to relax in the late afternoon with a cold barley pop and read a good book on the kindle.

koko
07-22-2014, 09:51 AM
My daughter just took a vacation, some of it during the same time we were out. Her family stayed in different motels for a week - we were in our camper for two. She kept texting us about how horrible the accommodations were and how expensive. We stayed in the mountains and at KOAs (never spent more than $65 per night even near national parks). Our accommodations were always awesome, clean, and ours. Yes, gas is expensive, but we wouldn't trade our experiences for those who vacation by other means.