PDA

View Full Version : A left handed RV

Steve S
07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
So after all these years of tent camping, teardrops, trailers, 5th wheels I just noticed something this morning while making coffee. All trailers are made for right handed people! The outside doors are all right hand swing, same with the inside doors as well as the shower door!
Let's see.....all the knobs on the oven turn to the right to light them, the fridge and freezer needs to be pulled with the right hand. Seems that everything needs a right hand to do things!
Has anyone else notice this?:p

fred1609
07-02-2014, 08:49 PM
OR.....Are they made for left handed people.....I wear my wrist watch on my left wrist....I shoot left....But I'm right handed....So suggest that its the other way around....RVs are made for left handed people....:D

MarkS
07-03-2014, 02:45 AM
I think the outside door swing is so that the wind of travel tends to close the door. Like a car. In the 50's there were a few car doors that opened the other way. They called them suicide doors.

You can flip the hinge of the refridge if you want to.

bsmith0404
07-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Majority rules. We live in a right handed world. The rest of us can't help that there are a select few that do not comply.

RichR
07-03-2014, 04:05 AM
But, we lefties are in our right minds! :D

Javi
07-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Our Passport is an ambidextrous affair... The entry doors and bathroom door are right handed, but most of the cabinetry and the refrigerator are left handed. :D

JRTJH
07-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Most of my outside baggage doors have two handles, so I guess that makes them "equal opportunity doors" ???? It takes BOTH hands to open them...

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/school/cheating-at-school-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Steve S
07-03-2014, 07:05 AM
And I just noticed that the remote for the after market TV I installed is made for a right handed person:eek: And as we all know that's Keystones fault so I think I'm going to make a call to customer service:p:rofl:

SAABDOCTOR
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
so I guess I can't make up my mind so my cabinets open vertically Just my luck:cool::banghead:

GaryWT
07-03-2014, 08:59 AM
I think things are just made. You decide if it is lefty or righty. I am all lefty but the world is the world and I grew up doing it. If something suddenly changed at home or in the camper then it would be weird. If ever faucet in the world started turning the opposite way the lefties as well as righties would not like it.

hankaye
07-03-2014, 07:21 PM
OP, Howdy;

I must have had one made on a Friday or Monday.
As I stand at my sink the stove top is to my left as is the 'fridge,
and the pantry is further to the Left each requiring me to us my
Left hand to Open them or turn the knobs, only the coffee pot is
right-handed as that's where the space existed to place it on the
counter. My front (and only), door opens to the Left from the inside
and requires me to use my Left foot to hold it open whilst I hooks up Rascal.
My ex's kept me ambidextrous as I could turn their knobs or push their 'Buttons'
with either hand or both at the same time ... which was preferable ... "bouncey:

hankaye