PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Plans

bsmith0404
07-02-2014, 03:16 AM
We had originally decided not to go out camping over the 4th of July, well this weekend the DW tells me we should go to Wisconsin Dells. I knew it was hopeless, but I made the phone calls to pretty much every RV park I could find. Tent site were the only thing open, not going to work for 40' 5er. So we finally settled on getting a hotel room. I really hate staying in hotels, especially when I have a rolling house sitting in a storage lot. Here's the kicker, I'll still be driving my TV instead of the family car because it "has more room and is more comfortable for trips".

In the end I'm sure the trip will be enjoyable. I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Be safe!

Javi
07-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Have fun, the occasional hotel ain't that bad.

I will admit that we do not travel on holidays except between Christmas and New Years which we spend at the beach... The 4th will be spent with family in the backyard...

I.plod
07-02-2014, 04:08 AM
We'll be playing bluegrass in the garden at Monticello after the naturalization ceremony to celebrate the new citizens.

It's always very moving and a patriotic, happy way to spend the morning of the 4th.

Maybe I can get some mods done, but do I really want to go to Lowe's on a holiday?

inspecterbake
07-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Myrtle beach travel park :d

byrdr1
07-02-2014, 04:21 AM
We are not headed anywhere for the 4th. My daughter and son-in-law both have to work(healthcare and fireman). The day care is closed Friday so we will get to spend the day with our grandson. He is coming over Thursday night and I already told the wife camp driveway will be in session. Then we'll get up and go get some breakfast and just have a nice lazy day, watching the hurricane pass the NC coast line.
have fun all that do make it out and BE SAFE!!
randy

{tpc}
07-02-2014, 04:42 AM
We are camping in a friends backyard, yes with the trailer. They have a very big yard. ;)

Kristi
07-02-2014, 05:18 AM
We also normally avoid camping on the 4th, but are making an exception this year cause DH has to work security at some of the events down at Lake Texoma. Dragging the 5er down tonight to save him a couple trips back and forth. Campground only has 50 or so sites & is gated so it shouldn't be too bad.

hankpage
07-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Living at the Jersey Shore you learn not to leave the house on Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day weekends. Very patriotic here ... everything Red, White and Blue .... Blue water, White sand and RED TAIL LIGHTS!!!
Waiting till fall and return to normal. http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_134043_0_c5c92f82b8254a2c79e62e5bf4871cd3.gif

GaryWT
07-02-2014, 07:17 AM
We acamping this year, just the wife and I. Heading to Maine on Thurs for 3 nights. Weather looks tough the first part with the storm coming up the coast but we shall see.

Wantoride
07-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Came up to October mountain stae park in Lee Massachusetts. Going to see James Taylor on the 4th at tanglewood. 3rd trip out in our trailer and loving it,especially in the rain! Left on Monday to avoid traffic and are coming home Tuesday for the same reason.

Bombfixer
07-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Heading to Corinth, MS from Huntsville, AL. Spending the 4th with daughter and her family. On the 6th, I am loading up 3 of my oldest granddaughters and headed to the Black Hills for a couple of weeks.