PDA

View Full Version : Cougar slide outs

yorkielover
12-12-2010, 08:47 AM
I have a 2010 Cougar in March 2010. I have take 3 trips with this 5th wheel unit. To date 2 of the 3 slide out motor and gear slides have had to be replaced. When asked about the 3rd slide out was told there is a problem with these and if it breaks while in warranty then it will be covered. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This is the 4th camper we have had and the first Keystone as well as the first unit we have had these problems.

66ken
12-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Our Cougar 327RES was built in Feb 2010. Had a problem that I had to adjust the stop can so I could get a slide out, but have had no other problems. Made at least a dozen trips.

rwm1313
12-13-2010, 06:39 AM
If this is the case then there is an adjustment on the stop that will get them out but where the stop meets the frame is the issue and usually material needs to be added.
The stop I call the "BELL" because thats what it looks like and is located under slide next to one of the rack rails that comes out of frame. This can be loosened to get slide out in a pinch but should be put back after slide is opened and let dealer do fix to frame.

antiqfreq
12-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forum !

I have 2 slides on my Cougar fifth wheel but have never had a problem. We've owned it about three years now.

Jo/

66ken
12-13-2010, 07:57 AM
If this is the case then there is an adjustment on the stop that will get them out but where the stop meets the frame is the issue and usually material needs to be added.
The stop I call the "BELL" because thats what it looks like and is located under slide next to one of the rack rails that comes out of frame. This can be loosened to get slide out in a pinch but should be put back after slide is opened and let dealer do fix to frame.

If I understand you correctly, the frame needs to be plated so it doesn't flex. Is this correct?

rwm1313
12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
If I understand you correctly, the frame needs to be plated so it doesn't flex. Is this correct?
what I have found is the ram doesnt come out in the center of the hole in the frame so somtimes the bell will get calked and jammed in this hole. So marerial added would make sure the "BELL" hits the frame flush not causing a jam and engaging the clutch on drive motor. your dealer if he is any good should know this fix, I have seen it on and off for many years. Good Luck