PDA

View Full Version : Arizona

ed cobos
05-26-2014, 07:01 AM
As we plan our summer trip through Arizona to New Mexico I was looking at taking the 260 from the 17 and then the 87 up to Winslow. Has anyone ventured on this byway? Pulling a 24 ft tt and in really no hurry, but don't want white knuckle driving. Thanks in advance for any response.

Cougarfamily
05-29-2014, 05:30 PM
As we plan our summer trip through Arizona to New Mexico I was looking at taking the 260 from the 17 and then the 87 up to Winslow. Has anyone ventured on this byway? Pulling a 24 ft tt and in really no hurry, but don't want white knuckle driving. Thanks in advance for any response.

Are you taking that route for a particular reason, or just looking for a route to I-40 into NM? I have never traveled that route as you list it, but I have traveled 87 from from I-10 to Payson, and then 260 to Snowflake, and then 77 to Holbrook. It has been many years since then, but I remember it being a pretty drive. It had a few climbs and descents, but the road was wide and well taken care of then. I was pulling motorcycle on a trailer, and don't remember any white knuckle moments. No switch-backs that I can recall. Hope this helps in some way. Safe travels.