PDA

View Full Version : First trip - Outback Sydney

Outbackmel
12-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Just completed our first trip with our 2011 Outback 36 ft 5er. Went from the mountains of N GA to Destin, FL for Thanksgiving. Having had a 31 ft TT (Keystone Hornet) prior, what an amazing positive tow experience. (900 miles of towing). 450 miles home rained, monsoon, every foot of the way. Did the speed limits and this pulled so smooth I had to check the mirrors to be sure we did not lose the RV ....wish we had gone this 5er route a long time ago.
Can't wait to plan the next trip......:D

Ruffus
12-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Glad to hear positive postings. Glad you ahad a great trip and hope you have many more like we have.
Happy Holidays:D

Bruno
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
So, she passed the ol' leak test?

Outbackmel
12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
We ARE pleased with this new RV:):D Like others, have some minor issues, but overall, I'd buy it again.... half the travel "fun" is that Dodge 2500 Turbo Diesel engine....just bought it to tow this rig....GREAT choice....:D:D

Friends warned me not to under power so we went strong out of the chute!

Looking forward to a Spring run to PA and upstate NY....

outbackmac
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Congrats on the new outback which model did u get? We also just purchased the 321frl model and love it. we also tow with a dodge 2500 diesel and has more than enough power so far(2004) we made our long trip from cincinnnati ohio to chattanoga tenn. in oct. we will be going to florida in april.

Outbackmel
12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
We have the 329FBH....fit our family needs to perfection. Love this rig....
as far as "Florida", can't get enough of it. Lived there 10 years and loved every second. Plenty of GREAT camping possibilities. Retired now and live near the beautiful north Georgia mountains....have ownership in an RV resort, RRanchGA; super place...safe travels.:D