PDA

View Full Version : if maxxis are so great why can't I buy them locally?

wazeaz
04-27-2014, 04:08 AM
I just bought a 2007 outback. It has the original dorun tires. (7 years old no blowouts). ST205/75d14c So I want to upgrade to the best tire I can get. Lots of people love the Maxxis. But no one sells them around me (south Carolina) Seems like everyone locally wants to sell me Carlisle.

Maybe it doesn't matter in this tire size? I mean the dorun lasted 7 years.

so what to do? Sometimes I think I read too much.

CWtheMan
04-27-2014, 04:52 AM
Check them out...

http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/truck-suv/7EAB87AD-62DC-4D82-897E-E59335DE416C

The tire rack has them...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Radial+857&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=0R4857&tab=Specs

CW

Bob Landry
04-27-2014, 05:25 AM
Discount Tire can order them. The reason you find mostly the low-end Chinese bombs is that they offer the highest profit margin to the retailers.
All ST tires are made in China with the exception of Maxxis. They are also made in an Asian country, Singapore I think, but it ain't China. Maxxix also makes a 10 ply Load Range E tire. Discount had them in two days.

CWtheMan
04-27-2014, 05:39 AM
Discount Tire can order them. The reason you find mostly the low-end Chinese bombs is that they offer the highest profit margin to the retailers.
All ST tires are made in China with the exception of Maxxis. They are also made in an Asian country, Singapore I think, but it ain't China. Maxxix also makes a 10 ply Load Range E tire. Discount had them in two days.

The OP said his tires are 14". I don't think anyone makes a LRE 14" trailer tire including Maxxis.

Some, like the Kumho, do have LRD 14" tires.

Maxxis tires are manufactured in Taiwan, Thailand and main land China. The radial STs are normally manufactured in Taiwan.

CW

f6bits
04-27-2014, 05:59 AM
My favorite Mom & Pop tire shop ordered me a set, and they're not even a Maxxis dealer. The Greenville area is pretty big. *Someone* around there should be able to order them from their distributor.

jsmith948
04-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Our 15"lre Max is tires were made in Thailand

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

wazeaz
04-28-2014, 02:43 AM

"highest profit margin" I didn't think of that. That's what it's all about.

thanks