PDA

View Full Version : Resorts of Distinction .....

hoffbrew
04-04-2014, 10:00 AM
My Bass Lake Membership is giving me the option to buy into this Resorts of Distinction gig, sounds pretty good but dont know the whole details yet except it is a 3K buy in. Had to schedule a meeting for the 16th to hear the offer. Is there anyone here that has this Resorts of Distinction?

hoffbrew
04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Its was a buy in to Coast to Coast, all kinds of discounts and when I stay at other Coast to Coast/Good Sam parks, it will cost me $10 a night, plus all kinds of discounts on other vacation spots in Hawaii, Bahamas, cruises, etc, etc...
3K buy in and $140.00 annually.

Festus2
04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
So, after listening to the "spiel", did you buy in? Almost all of these memberships are linked in some way to each other and have reciprocal agreements or discounts when you join one and stay at another. Not sure if you checked before you bought but there are hundreds of these memberships for sale on Craig's List or on the Internet at huge discounts.

If you use your membership a lot, over the years it could be financially beneficial for you to join. If you seldom make use of it, the cost of camping certainly goes up.

BirchyBoy
04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Ouch, $3k buy-in? You can get a lot of nights for that!

hoffbrew
04-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Yep... the DW wanted to do it... need I say more. If this forces us to do some more camping, I am in. I will let you know how this works out.

PARAPTOR
04-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Its was a buy in to Coast to Coast, all kinds of discounts and when I stay at other Coast to Coast/Good Sam parks, it will cost me $10 a night, plus all kinds of discounts on other vacation spots in Hawaii, Bahamas, cruises, etc, etc...
3K buy in and $140.00 annually.

There are various levels of Coast to Coast if I recall it was Classic, Deluxe, and Premium. Read fine print on limitations and reservations associated with each membership level. I assume you will keep ROD and add C2C?

homer3
04-17-2014, 03:04 PM
don't do it. always seems to be a catch once they get you signed up

fla-gypsy
04-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Never been a fan of these deals and I have seen others get hosed when the business model failed.

ROLIN JOSEPH
04-18-2014, 06:19 AM
'Camping' and 'Distinction'....in the same sentence? Nahhh! :p
Don't do it..
X3

Festus2
04-18-2014, 07:04 AM
Yep... the DW wanted to do it... need I say more. If this forces us to do some more camping, I am in. I will let you know how this works out.

Mmmmmm I'm not sure but it sounds like hoffbrew has already purchased the membership so your recommendations may be too late for him to consider.

Roller4Tan
04-18-2014, 07:48 AM
We had received ROD as a supplement to our "camping club". We paid the higher "dues" in ROD for free camping. It served us well and the dues paid for itself every year we used it. Our "club" dropped ROD, citing administration issues. We now use Passport America to supplement our "club" when in an area that is not available through them. Enjoy the trip as well as the destination.

hoffbrew
04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Festus2 is correct, done deal. I was wrong on the ROD, it is C2C which is part of CW/Good Sam and a few others. About 5 years ago we bought into Bass Lake RV Resort for 2K and this gave us $14.00 a night unlimited camping with a $390 yearly dues. Bass Lake is close and convenient. Bass Lake has offered this C2C to current members. The park we were looking into in Napa is $65.00 a night and is part of C2C, so now is only $10.00 per night and there are many many more parks included, private and public. Once a year we take a big trip to Hawaii, Cabo, somewhere. My DW compared a trip that we are looking into for Alaska. With this C2C deal we will save $1200.00. The only annual dues are $140 and Bass Lake is our "home" base so the $390 is locked in for as long as we have this. I can pass it down to my kids with no fees. Trust me, I was against this but my DW looked into this while we are up here and wanted to do it, she is thee queen of booking vacations and savings. I am just the driver.

hoffbrew
04-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Let me clarify, This C2C is not just limited to RV'g. Lots of Condos and resort benefits too. I will be the first to tell you if this does not work out.

SAABDOCTOR
04-22-2014, 11:00 AM
WHEN we first got into camping we got involved with coast to coast. then the home camp ground went belly up then the restrictions! the good news is we won this at a camping show and it was one year deal after the year we said no thank you then the BS started. there were more lies told by ctoc than at the bar after a fishing contest!:D good luck

Comptech
04-23-2014, 09:32 AM
We bought in to a travel club a few years back. Biggest mistake we ever did... they are all lairs and cheats...:banghead::mad::mad:

fred1609
04-29-2014, 02:32 PM
OK I'll bite...which one did you buy into. Personally I don't like to be limited as to what CG I can go too......We just unloaded a time share that DWs father passed down to us.....Although we used it to go to a few places.....I found a lot of the resorts in the RCI catalogue tired....and in need of updating and rarely available when We wanted to go. I would think it might be the same with a CG resort club....access to CGs are limited and might not be up to snuff over time or the financial situation changes for the company. I like the way DW and I do business now......we do plan ahead as we aren't retired and pick good campsites using RVparkreviews. Like a previous post related...3k buys a lot of nights at CGs.