PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing rv cabinets

NWlambear
11-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know if we can order cabinets like the Keystone uses in our rigs? I suppose I could look for "salvage"? Also I thought I remembered a site mention on here where you can order fabric that is used in RV's. Anybody remember that?

Ruffus
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey Brian
Home Depot and Lowes buy their cabinets from the same companies that the RV manufacturers do. Go into the home center and they have free magazines that have all the dimensions and styles a long with the hardware and finishes.
:)

KanTC
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Brian & Tricia,

We ordered additional cabinet doors & matching hardware [through the dealer] when we purchased our Laredo. So, I know it's possible to get these items... I just don't know whether or not Keystone would sell them to you directly.

Terri, the co-pilot [& DH Kevin] :)

NWlambear
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey Brian
Home Depot and Lowes buy their cabinets from the same companies that the RV manufacturers do. Go into the home center and they have free magazines that have all the dimensions and styles a long with the hardware and finishes.
:)

Really? Good to know. When we updated our s&b kitchen....We actually added unfinished cabinets bought at Home Depot. Then we had all the cabinets (existing and new unfinished ones)refinish/refaced by a company hired through HD. They did a great job. So...wonder if they would do the same in our RV?

NWlambear
11-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Brian & Tricia,

We ordered additional cabinet doors & matching hardware [through the dealer] when we purchased our Laredo. So, I know it's possible to get these items... I just don't know whether or not Keystone would sell them to you directly.

Terri, the co-pilot [& DH Kevin] :)

Hmm....will keep that in mind IF we ever upgrade. I also know I wouldn't order any of the living room or dining room furniture! Thanks for letting us know when you order an RV you can request more cabinets.