PDA

View Full Version : reducing the shake and wobble

Mickey
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I am considering adding a 3rd set of crank down stabilizer jacks to my 2010 29RLS Hornet. I know there are some really good systems out there but I don't want to spend 3-5 hundred bucks. It just occurred to me that I could use two bottle jacks next time out to see if the extra support made a noticable difference. Just wondering if anyone else tried using three sets of stab jacks. Having put mine away for the winter it will be spring before I try this.

SLIMSHADIE
11-09-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm thinking of doing the same in front of the wheels. I have read it really helps, cause it takes the suspension out if it. Even though I have electric stabilizers, I think the crank down ones would work just fine, also cheaper. Also not for sure but I think I have more of a spand in front of the wheels instead of behind. The jacks would be cleaner in front of the wheels instead of being behind anyways.

WYO1936
04-07-2011, 09:53 AM
I have had 4 or 5 5ers and i put cross frame stabilizers on all work s great. $68.00 shipped from e-bay. 45 min. job.:D

ktmracer
04-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I installed the steadyfast stabilizer system on my trailer. Virtually eliminated the "shake, rattle, and roll" and only adds a few seconds to setup time.

Ruffus
04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a tri-pod on the fifth wheel, front jacks down and rear stabilizers down and it still rocked and rolled. I then bought a set of $19 screw jacks from CW and I put them on the frame just behind the rear axle and vaula, no more rock and roll.:eek:

The Sod Father
04-19-2011, 07:52 AM
I could use two bottle jacks next time out to see if the extra support made a noticable difference. One of my campering buddies uses a bottle jack on the curb side right between the axles. He says it makes a huge difference. I noticed more shake with my new Bullet than I did with my old Rockwood, so I am going to test using a bottle jack on our first trip. Agreed that if you take the suspension out of the equation, then you are way ahead of the game.

outbackmac
04-20-2011, 05:57 AM
whats the difference between the cross frame and the steadyfast systems.

michol02
12-19-2011, 10:51 PM
I installed BAL stabilizers on my jacks, and it made a hugh difference. With S&H, it cost me a little over $200(2 sets on back, and 1 set on front). See picture on "32SAB mods" thread.

gbsb
12-20-2011, 05:14 AM
We went to WalMart and bought a set of aluminum screw jack stands in the RV section. 4 screw jacks , put one in front of axle on each side, and one behind the axle on each side. no movement at all very solid feel, Ours is 40' toyhauler. I think they were $24.00 and are very light weight, a few extra minuites at set up but we fulltime so not in a hurry anyway. George

hankaye
12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Howdy All;

When you install these extra stabilizers, do you drop the nose of the trailer for the rear ones then raise the nose a wee-bit then lower it for the front ones ????? Or, do ya just screw the up to the frame and leave'em ???

Basic courisoity kickin' in here. I realize that there are probably as many ways to do it as there are folks that use them...

Thanks;

hankaye