PDA

View Full Version : problems with k/n blackhawk filter kit

kippy
03-16-2014, 06:37 AM
2010 dodge ram 2500 diesel stock. Replacing with a k/n air filter kit, i cannot remove the first hose from the filter box (the hose is between the 1st and 2nd hose clamps from the air filter box/ i have both clamps removed. The problem is on the back side of this hose which connects to the turbo. Hope i have not confused you,if i did blame it on my old age. Thanks Kip Problem solved. 3- 18 -14 problem solved 3 18 14

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
03-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Well sir you got this posted in the wrong forum...but you came to the place that probably will get you the right answers.

The hose you are trying to remove is just stuck...try twisting it to get it loose. If not take a small screw driver and work in under the end all the way around. Sometimes they just get a little baked on there.

hankpage
03-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Kip, I moved your thread over here to Tow Vehicles to get a little more exposer. What Big Boy said is pretty much it. Sometimes taping down on the clamp screw opens it just a bit more and it will come free. If you don't get the info you need here take look over at Turbo Diesel Register (http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/) , That is the best place for all things Dodge/Cummins and you don't have to join to browse only to post. Good luck and let us know how you make out, Hank

kippy
03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
I guess i hve not figured all this out yet thanks kip. ps where should i have posted this?:wlcm:

rhagfo
03-16-2014, 08:52 PM
2010 dodge ram 2500 diesel stock. Replacing with a k/n air filter kit, i cannot remove the first hose from the filter box (the hose is between the 1st and 2nd hose clamps from the air filter box/ i have both clamps removed. The problem is on the back side of this hose which connects to the turbo. Hope i have not confused you,if i did blame it on my old age. Thanks Kip

I would strongly recommend that you forget the K&N, too many dusted diesels!! They are fine on a gasser, but diesels SUCK a lot harder than a gas engine.

Western Traveler
03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
I would strongly recommend that you forget the K&N, too many dusted diesels!! They are fine on a gasser, but diesels SUCK a lot harder than a gas engine.
Ditto:
They suck the oil right out of them.