PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

bsmith0404
03-11-2014, 03:12 AM
I just built my states visited maps. Being a military family we have moved around a lot so I made two different maps, one for states we have been to/through and one for the states we have actually used our RV. The first looks pretty impressive, the second is very disappointing. Will have to take some serious action to rectify that over the next couple years.

GaryWT
03-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Maybe that is why I don't want one, in 24 years we have camped in 7 states I believe.

SAABDOCTOR
03-11-2014, 05:41 AM
With only 2 weeks vacation a year it's hard to cover ground. But we do use the camper every Friday Saturday Sunday plus long week ends from May to November. Works for us it is just nice to get away from the rat race and enjoy. we will fill in the map when we retire! (very soon):)

Dave & SUe
03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Yep,once you retire you can"see the USA in your Chevrolet"."bouncey: Not to hijack,but has anyone taken their map off the TT?WE are trading and didn't know if it could be reused or not.

dandjh1958
03-11-2014, 09:41 AM
The problem for us is that there are just too many beautiful places to camp in Oregon. It might take us a couple of years just to hit all the high points then we will move on to Washington State...... then maybe Idaho?? whew! No need for a map of the states!

Happy camping

SAABDOCTOR
03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi dave I have used windex of 409 and soak the death out of the map then start to peel up a corner. then spray more on it to loosten up the glue. just take your time with it.:cool: Hijack complete!!!!:D

limey
03-12-2014, 04:43 AM
... has anyone taken their map off the TT?WE are trading and didn't know if it could be reused or not.

That's cheating! The map is supposed to represent where the RV has been! :cool: