PDA

View Full Version : Wow...is all I can say on this one!

cabinfever
03-06-2014, 01:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=593198494078426&set=vb.100413383356942&type=2&theater

ROLIN JOSEPH
03-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Oh the poor guy.
He probably figured he did not have enough clearance under the bridge and tried to turn around.

JRTJH
03-06-2014, 02:04 PM
WOW is right !!! Talk about trying to put 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag... Or is it trying to put 53 feet of trailer in a 45 foot wide road...... It's hard to believe a driver would really try to turn that tight and keep pushing it as parts fall off.... I'm sure the terminal supervisor at USA Trucking was "none too happy" to see him pull in to checkout and go home......:eek:

Essness
03-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Profeshunal driver:confused::D

Ken / Claudia
03-06-2014, 03:00 PM
He could waited acouple mins and had the next vehicle block traffic while he just backed up and turned around where the intersection was in the photo. I think the driver is looking for another job after the boss seen the truck/trailer.

hankpage
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Nice place for the low clearance sign and the branches don't help any either. With the branch it looks like 18' 0" not 13' .

Western Traveler
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
My guess, Fear. Stress, a lack of common sense or panic makes people try some crazy stuff sometime.

We all could think of at least a few better solutions to that problem. The simplest might have been turn on flashers and make a couple of phone calls.

Was he holding his head or holding a phone when he was out of the truck?

cabinfever
03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
My guess, Fear. Stress, a lack of common sense or panic makes people try some crazy stuff sometime.

We all could think of at least a few better solutions to that problem. The simplest might have been turn on flashers and make a couple of phone calls.

Was he holding his head or holding a phone when he was out of the truck?

I think he looked totally overwhelmed by the situation. No matter how long you have been driving a large truck on your own, a little problem solving thinking before action would have eliminated this situation.

gsmith31
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I am thinking this guy might be looking for a job.

Lost
03-07-2014, 03:49 AM
I wonder if he has the 1-800 number " how's my driving" on the back of his trailer.....:eek:

jsmith948
03-07-2014, 05:50 AM
Nice place for the low clearance sign and the branches don't help any either. With the branch it looks like 18' 0" not 13' .

Have to agree about the sign. Maybe he made the mistake of getting directions from dispatch? You know, even without the sign, you can see it's a low overpass.:p

hankpage
03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Have to agree about the sign. Maybe he made the mistake of getting directions from dispatch? You know, even without the sign, you can see it's a low overpass.:p

Oh yea, I had a dispatcher try to save me mileage ONCE and put me in the same predicament. I was lucky and was able to let folks go by and backed up a half mile to turn around. Stress and frustration can make you go crazy behind the wheel especially when you are aiming a 60,000 lb. weapon. Shortly after that I started doing plumbing work ...... Still a lot of cr*p but at the end of the day it just showered off. :rolleyes:

Jimmerinwi
03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Last week I couldn't spell "Truck Driver", Today I are one!! What a moron!

Kristi
03-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Poor guy. We all know he made mistakes, but it has to be embarrassing enough without them posted to the world. I just kept thinking of some of our attempts to back into tight spots.... hope those videos aren't floating around the web. :o

TLB
03-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Oh my :eek:

First day on the job?

outwest
03-29-2014, 06:09 PM
good grief! I can't believe he didn't just back into that side street and use it to turn around. All I can figure is he musta been extremely tired and overwhelmed/panicked by the situation. That, or he was stoned.

hankaye
03-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Howdy All;

USA Truck isn't one of the better paying trucking outfits out there.
The folks they hire aren't the brightest of the batch either... which
is why they get away with the low pay.
Just another point to go towards proving to old adage,
'One gets what one pays for.'
I feel sorry for the driver, he should have been better trained
and he'll likely get the shaft for his reactions. His dispatcher was
probably riding his back about being 'on time' and who knows
what else.

hankaye

Bugle Boy
04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
This reminds me. The roads through the Black Hills have tunnels. Small tunnels and the roads are not well marked for tunnels. Check your map. Very doubtful any Keystone can get through the tunnels.

Jimmerinwi
04-11-2014, 05:09 PM
How can you tell when your wife is having an affair with a Schneider Truck Driver???

You get home and he's still trying to back out of the driveway!!!!