PDA

View Full Version : Tork Lift Stable Load

BigBearWV
02-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Has anyone ever used this as an alternative to air bags? Our truck has lower over loads only that are pre drilled. I am considering trying the StableLoad Quick Disconnect seen HERE (http://www.torklift.com/products/stableload.php). Just looking to help the squat!
Thanks In Advance.

Htfiremedic
02-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Pretty neat looking. Wondering about functionality

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

dm1401
02-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Wow, that looks like a great product, I was going to do air bags, but this is cheaper, and way easier to instal, thanks for the heads up, will likely do this in the summer time.

BigBearWV
02-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Wow, that looks like a great product, I was going to do air bags, but this is cheaper, and way easier to instal, thanks for the heads up, will likely do this in the summer time.

I found yet another option today have a look http://timbren.com/

dm1401
02-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks I checked them out, but I still really like the StableLoad set up better, prices for either are very similar for my application, but I think I am sold on the StableLoad setup, but I bet both will perform their intended function very well.

zenbuck
03-18-2014, 04:39 AM
Has anyone installed and used them yet? I am considering these as well..

hoffbrew
04-30-2014, 05:00 PM
I ordered these on Monday from Amazon for $180.00 and came in this a.m with my Prime membership. After watching the video on there web site a few times only took about an hour, very easy after figuring out the first one. Mine came with 4, 2 per leaf spring. I have bags already I just figured what the hel.... I will let you know how it does when I tow my rig into dealer for my awning motor.

rhagfo
04-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks I checked them out, but I still really like the StableLoad set up better, prices for either are very similar for my application, but I think I am sold on the StableLoad setup, but I bet both will perform their intended function very well.

I got to ask why would you need them? Unless you haul a 1,000# worth the stuff in the bed of the TV, that TT should hardly drop the rear of your truck.

dm1401
05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I got to ask why would you need them? Unless you haul a 1,000# worth the stuff in the bed of the TV, that TT should hardly drop the rear of your truck.

I thought the same till I hooked it up, and I am even running a weight dist. system rated at 10,000/1000 Lbs. I am not sure if my rear leafs are worn out or something else. With my water tank full, 2 full 30lb propane tanks, and 2 6 volts my over load spring set is about a 1" from contacting the over load bracket, at this point the truck sits slightly above level with the chain in the 4th link, when my water tank is less then half full I usually run on the 3rd link. My problem is when I load my wife's 4x4 quad, my dirt bike, my sons dirt bike, gas for the toys, and our generator. Damn I need a dually. Fully loaded I am about 300lbs from max rear axle weight. Then on the fourth link I am still sitting below level, which in my opinion is unsafe especially at these weights, the front end feels too light.
On the scales last year when I checked I was legal and within all limits, but did not have much room to spare on the rear axle rating. My trailer is very tongue heavy, I have yet to scale just the tongue, but I am guessing its around 1000 - 1200 lbs. I am still experimenting with placing things in the trailer differently to get more weight to the back end. I think next year I will likely put a hitch on the front of my truck, and my sons dirt bike will go there, since he will be moving to a larger size and I doubt I will fit all 3 machines in the box of the truck.
Sorry for the long winded reply.

hoffbrew
05-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Wow!! I got to tow trailer today with these StableLaods and really helped smooth the ride, felt solid. I towed down freeway with about 10 lbs in bags and increased air up to about 40 while driving. I only noticed truck leveling more when increased air, ride stayed same. I really like what these do. So for you heavy haulers out there, this did help a lot, you will notice a better solid ride. No bounce or porpoising down the road. 2 thumbs up.

airforceret
05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
If the front is feeling light, it sounds to me like you are not taking full advantage of your weight distribution setup.

As for using these with airbags, I've been really content with my airbags and their performance under load both with my slide in camper and my Cougar...

dm1401
05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
If the front is feeling light, it sounds to me like you are not taking full advantage of your weight distribution setup.

As for using these with airbags, I've been really content with my airbags and their performance under load both with my slide in camper and my Cougar...

I am still experimenting with moving weights around, I have my weight distribution setup set per the manufacture, which puts me between the 3rd and 4th link, but I have seen many people have them set on the 5th or 6th link, which seems to take up the rear sag. I think at the end of the day I need to instal air bags or something else. My biggest hang up with the air bags is when running empty I won't need 30 or 40 psi in them, and when loaded i will need that psi, and I don't want to be messing around with filling and deflating them often. The cost of a built in air compressor is high and takes away from our camping budget. I just need to make up my mind and get er done I guess. If anyone has any other suggestions please do so, I am all ears.
Thanks all.:confused: