PDA

View Full Version : Great Service from CW/Keystone

RVbear
01-27-2014, 08:46 AM
There have been several posts about the grey front caps fading on several keystone models. After about 10 months I noticed that it was happening on my 2013 Cougar 327RES even though I had cleaned and waxed it almost monthly. Sent pictures of the problem to dealer (Camping World). Was very quickly contacted by the service adviser that Keystone had approved the work, decals had been ordered and to bring the unit in. In a little over a week the service adviser called to say the work was done. Front of the trailer looks like new with paint and new decals. Thanks to Frank and the guys at CW for a great job and a quick turnaround.

Bob Landry
01-27-2014, 09:17 AM
This is a little odd. Maybe there's hope for CW yet.

koko
01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Really, really glad to hear some positive feedback. There tends to be a lot of negativity on this forum. This is refreshing!

Fufys
01-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Did they give a reason for the fading or a preventative solution?

RVbear
01-28-2014, 07:39 AM
No reason given. It appears from the many posts on this subject that it is a generic issue with the gray gelcoat used on the front of several models. I don't Keystone would have given up so easily if it wasn't

Bob Landry
01-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Really, really glad to hear some positive feedback. There tends to be a lot of negativity on this forum. This is refreshing!

Keystone's customer service is the reason for a lot of the negativity. We just call it like we see it, and the reality is Keystone honors a warranty when there is no way to get out of it.

koko
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
I hear you! It's just that we're new to Keystone (our last was a Forest River and we never had a problem), and I was beginning to really worry that we're in for it! Positive comments soothe my nerves.

JRTJH
01-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Koko,

We are on our second Keystone RV in 4.5 years. The first was the "cheapest" entry level fifth wheel Keystone produces. The only problem we had with it was the refrigerator. It went out completely on our second outing. Keystone, Dometic and Camping World bent over backwards to overnight a replacement refrigerator (that's a 250 lb 7cuft box) to get us back on the road. We were 'out of commission' a total of 72 hours and then back to camping. All three of those companies bent over backwards to keep us happy and to solve our problems. And, no, I didn't then and still don't know anyone at Keystone or at Dometic.

The second Keystone RV is a new Cougar fifth wheel. We have had absolutely no problems with it at all. We bought from a smaller, local dealership because of purchase price, but we are completely happy with both the transactions and with what Keystone put into building this one.

I'm sure there are problems with some RV's from Keystone just as there are problems with "some of any product that's mass produced" but overall, I'd have to say that this Cougar is on par with (or better built) than our Airstream and our Holiday Rambler, both of which are supposed to be the "Cadillac" of RV's.

If I were you, I'd not worry so much about "what did I get myself into" as much as I'd plan to "use my new RV and enjoy it" The second "mode" is honestly much more rewarding.

koko
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks for that. As my daughter says, "law of attraction". If you expect something to go wrong, it will. I tend to be an optimist.