PDA

View Full Version : TV for Cougar 28RBSWE - suggestions

vrgchs
01-03-2014, 09:04 AM
As I have heard conflicting back and forth on whether my burb can tow our Cougar 28RBSWE. Some say yes burb can pull no problem and others say NO, dont do.

If we decided to get a new TV (which is what my wife would prefer anyway as she doesn't want her "precious new car" being used for camping, what would be your suggestions on getting. Prefer gas not diesel. (Must be able to seat at least 5)

Chris

cathcartww
01-03-2014, 10:22 AM
You might want to check out late model, full size vans. 3/4 or 1 ton Ford or Chevy Vans with a big block gas engine and tow package make great family tow vehicles - and will have much more left over payload than your Suburban.

I'd look for a Ford E350 with the V10 and 4.10 gears. You won't get great mileage, but it will move the trailer, family, and gear wherever you want it.

f6bits
01-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I like the van idea, provided it has the rear axle capacity. I bet the above poster's 350 does, but I've not looked at specs. Some late model ones with an 8800# GVWR package at Carmax are in the $20k range. UPDATE: Specs at Carmax show a 2800 cargo capacity. Impressive if true. Then again, it *is* a 350.

Anyhow, most crew cabs I've seen *only* seat five. We have two kids, meaning we'd only be able to take *one* friend. That may turn out to be a problem in a few years.

Ken / Claudia
01-03-2014, 11:37 PM
My crew cab seats 6. To fit into the center 2 seats with 4 other adults, they need to be children. But, 2 adults, 4 kids no problem.