PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor storage solutions

Abnormal
01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I am looking for ideas from others as to outdoor storage solutions; we like to cook and eat outside if we can. Do you leave you stuff on the picnic table? Does anyone use outdoor shelving solutions for their kitchen stuff? I see some people carry a folding table.
Thanks

richf28
01-03-2014, 04:10 AM
I set up a 6ft. Folding table along side under the awning. My campstove and toaster oven sits on top and I cover them with a long vinyl tablecloth. My coolers sit under the table and I store things in them when not using them.

byrdr1
01-03-2014, 06:24 AM
I set up a 6ft. Folding table along side under the awning. My campstove and toaster oven sits on top and I cover them with a long vinyl tablecloth. My coolers sit under the table and I store things in them when not using them.
Same as Rich, except I use a 10X12 EZUP the awning on the 327RES is not big at all and you would block the basement door if you set up under awning. I use a 6 ft table that fold
I keep a griddle, a coffee maker and Coleman stove top on the table and cover at night with a blue tarp. The last trip the wind blew so hard we had to take the exup down so we moved the stuff on and off the table each day plus we had rain and extra cold temps.
So my outdoor kitchen was pretty much a bust that week.

f6bits
01-03-2014, 07:06 AM
I like that folding table idea…where do you store it when you're traveling?

For those who cook under the awning, is that a problem with the heat and smoke?

For us, we use Roughneck totes to pack our clothes and food. Once we unpack, we leave them under the trailer aft of the axles. That's also where we keep our Weber Q when not in use.

Kristi
01-03-2014, 07:17 AM
I like that folding table idea…where do you store it when you're traveling?

For those who cook under the awning, is that a problem with the heat and smoke?

For us, we use Roughneck totes to pack our clothes and food. Once we unpack, we leave them under the trailer aft of the axles. That's also where we keep our Weber Q when not in use.

Our table folds in half & fits in the front basement. We leave the ice chest under it, but only put water bottles & pepsi in it. Can't leave food in the ice chest outside cause the raccoons will get in it. :eek:

Andymon
01-05-2014, 10:17 AM
We also have a folding table but ours is 4 feet long. At the last place we stayed we had our camp stove stolen so we will keep a better watch on where we stay. When traveling, the table just goes in the back of the pick-up. I have a canopy so we always lock it.

Abnormal
01-09-2014, 10:12 PM
sorry to hear about your troubles Andymon.

thanks for the tips everyone. it appears a folding table will be a must. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal.

therink
01-10-2014, 03:56 AM
I have a plastic top 4' tableand store it behind the couch in the LR when traveling .

byrdr1
01-10-2014, 06:12 AM
sorry to hear about your troubles Andymon.

thanks for the tips everyone. it appears a folding table will be a must. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal.

Lowes hardware had one this past weekend for around $35 plus its a lighter weight one, wallyworld has them too. Just keep an eye on the sale papers and you can get one as low as $30. Best investment we made is the fold in half tables. They do make a 4ft one too but its as expensive as the 6ft.
randy

Murphsmom
01-10-2014, 07:43 AM
We use a handy little thing called a Kamp Kadi for all those things that would take up space on an outdoor table. Got it from Amazon, but I don't think they have them anymore. http://www.ahappycamper.com/products/campfurniture/nebo/kamp-kadi.html

Andymon
01-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Lowes hardware had one this past weekend for around $35 plus its a lighter weight one, wallyworld has them too. Just keep an eye on the sale papers and you can get one as low as $30. Best investment we made is the fold in half tables. They do make a 4ft one too but its as expensive as the 6ft.
randy

We picked up our 4 ft folding table at Bi-Mart for $15. I think I saw one similar at Fred Meyer for about the same price.