PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came early

byrdr1
12-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Santa checking out the RV and the RVport
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_105560_0_367c0b4ec3a4ed76c24baaecb5743d6c.jpg
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_105560_1_517be25acbfd97eb9979d312205b2230.jpg

Randy

Festus2
12-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Santa checking out the RV and the RVport

Randy

Randy -

Well, after Santa checked these out, what did he find? Have you been naughty or nice? Is that your new RV in your Signature's photo or your old one? If it's not new, I am thinking that you must have been naughty. :(

byrdr1
12-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Randy -

Well, after Santa checked these out, what did he find? Have you been naughty or nice? Is that your new RV in your Signature's photo or your old one? If it's not new, I am thinking that you must have been naughty. :(
Festus,
I was on the wife's tablet trying to post picture.
I am on my PC now and got the picture to post finally.
The RV-Port is the Christmas present for us this year. The Santa RV is the new blowup this year. I bought it after Christmas last year so it goes with the fire and roasting marshmellows Santa. They like the new RV-port too.
randy
PS No new RV, unless we win the lotto this week.

Festus2
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Randy -
Ahhhh, now your post makes more sense. :D I thought you were keeping something secret from all of us - including your wife. Looks like you've been a good boy after all.

WildBillfromoverthehill
12-15-2013, 03:00 PM
just wondering where you got the material to build the cover over this camper? Both RV and RV PORT look pretty nice. Merry Christmas.

============================================

Just wondering where you got the parts for RV PORT? RV & RV PORT look retty nice. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merged these two previously separate posts. Moderator

byrdr1
12-15-2013, 05:02 PM
just wondering where you got the material to build the cover over this camper? Both RV and RV PORT look pretty nice. Merry Christmas.

============================================

Just wondering where you got the parts for RV PORT? RV & RV PORT look retty nice. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merged these two previously separate posts. Moderator
I did not build it. Bought it. Carolina Carports online. I had the rv pad its 42 long by 16 wide. Its built with a retaining wall that goes from 1ft to 5ft at the back. Filled with bricks and cinder blocks with some fill and then topped with surge rock(a large rock base used at construction site entrances) then thats topped with crush and run. I do have a 8X14 concrete pad for the tires. I measured the pad and ordered online a 41x16 A frame 12 high side walls RVPort. I had one side closed in. Wishing now I had closed the back side in and put one sheet down the open side. But we'll see later. The camper fills it up from front to back but I can walk around the camper with slides out. Very easy with slides in. This was an investment into our campers future. Keeping it out of the weather. The price was installed on a level base. It ended up being a very tight fit, you can see that in the pictures with my attached carport.

Mark TC
12-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davidjsimons
12-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Very nice indeed.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.

crash
12-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Nice,where did you get the 2 blow ups I like them?:D

PT RV`er
12-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Nice RV port. I tried to order one of those kits, but being on the Panhandle of Florida, building codes are strict. I would love to have one of those installed. I`m now having to look for a stick built pole barn style just to meet the building codes. :banghead:

byrdr1
12-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Nice RV port. I tried to order one of those kits, but being on the Panhandle of Florida, building codes are strict. I would love to have one of those installed. I`m now having to look for a stick built pole barn style just to meet the building codes. :banghead:
Those darn hurricanes... they mess everything up.
Mine is to code but not hurricane rated. that would have been another $1000.00 to the cost. We have some codes to meet but hurricane rated is not one of them. If I was East of I-95 in NC then the hurricane codes get you.
I am going to tie it to the 8X8 posts that my carport is installed with. Two of my carport posts are right at two of the rvport uprights. I can tie to them with angle iron and lag screws on the carport post and carriage bolts on the rvport uprights for some extra security. We had that large wind come through the other night and all was well. IT blew 20-30mph with gusts to 40-45mph and it barely moved. That one enclosed side really stiffins it up, plus the "A" frame style.
Thanks for the postive words all.. We are very happy with it and so is my camper..
Blowups came from Lowes(firepit santa)and Walmart(Merry Christmas camper). fire it Santa is 2-3 years old with the camper one being one year old but this is its 1st outdoor experience.
I just bought sitting down turkey yesterday for $10.00 at Wallworld(good reduced price)
randy

crash
12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
(tx)for the info:D

curlyfungirl
12-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Where did you get santa at the campfire???? Soooo cute!

byrdr1
12-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Where did you get santa at the campfire???? Soooo cute!
came from Lowes(firepit santa)2-3 years old.

rb

byrdr1
12-24-2013, 05:58 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/24/ajagezas.jpg
Two or three years ago. Santa needed that fire. So did the camper

Randy Sent this!!