PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrr

JRTJH
11-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Current temperature is 24*F, low tonight is supposed to be 17*F. Anybody want to come test their "Polar Pack" or "Blizzard Bottom" ????

METHINKS winter has arrived <sigh>

Festus2
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
METHINKS winter has arrived <sigh>

JRTJH -
Look on the positive side. Doesn't winter usually arrive in your neck of the woods on November 1st? Heck, you have had 12 extra days of Fall! ;)

mikell
11-12-2013, 05:33 PM
31 supposed to go to 19. Snug as a bug heat pump kicking out 98 degree air. Life is good

KanTC
11-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Not comparable to your temps John, but we have freeze warnings here in southern-most NM too :eek:.
Yesterday it was sunny & 78*... and tonight my "blizzard bottom" is shivering :rofl: ;)

Terri

outwest
11-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Hard freeze tonight here as well :( Hope to goodness the dealer our trailer is at winterized it properly (got the black flush done, etc). *crossing fingers and toes*

Trinibob
11-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Heck I'm still filled with water going hunting in two days.. Heater is on 50

Roller4Tan
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
We left Michigan mid-October to avoid that weather, too soon to make the trip back.:rolleyes:

hankpage
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
The Cougar has been winterized for a while now but when we had flurries this morning I thought it prudent to blow out the lawn sprinklers today. I thought I was going to freeze my "Polar Package" off ... not too cold but 35mph winds http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1111 Supposed to be 60 for the weekend .... crazy weather.

JRTJH
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM
The Cougar is winterized, but it's out in the woods for Deer season (Nov 15-30). Archery season is now and I was sitting in a tree stand all afternon watching yearlings and does feed right below me. They know it's going to be a "hell night" and they were stocking up on corn all afternoon. They were beautiful to watch and since nobody is shooting in the woods, they are just as calm as can be. All that will change on Friday morning as soon as the sun comes up :eek:

We are sitting in the back room, all the blinds up and watching the snow "drizzle" across the sky. A few lights across the lake and about half of the cove is frozen over already. At this rate, we'll be ice skating by Thanksgiving :rolleyes:

Oh my, maybe it is time to think about south Texas already LOL

Freeze warnings in southern New Mexico and potentially frozen sprinklers tonight with 60 on the weekend? Yeah, I'd say it is crazy weather !!!!!

davidjsimons
11-13-2013, 01:19 AM
We actually had snow in Richmond, Va. today. I'm with you John, I'm looking forward to heading to Texas in a few days.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.

Lost
11-13-2013, 02:50 AM
It's 20 degrees here right now Brrrrrrrrrr and already a 1/2" of snow on the ground :eek:. I think this is going to be a nasty winter. Owell looking at the bright side, deer season opens Friday here and cold weather gets the deer moving. "bouncey:

mikell
11-13-2013, 03:26 AM
20 here this morning but a high of 38 they say. Over 15" of the white stuff yesterday and nobody was ready for it but if you went inland about 5 miles it was sunny and no snow.

Logged the heat pump last night it cycled from putting out 98 air down to 81 when it idled. About 3:45 it was 24 out and kicked into furnace mode and the furnace kept things toasty after that putting out 150 air when I cranked it up about 5:30 AM this morn.

Nice and snug as 2 bugs

Electric blanket too

Javi
11-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Y'all might note that it is 26 degrees in Central Tx right now... Stores are selling out of bread and milk, gas stations are being inundated with folks fueling up and firewood is in short supply. :D

ctpd814
11-13-2013, 05:02 AM
JRTJH,
I too hunt and have enjoyed some time in my stand this year. I got my first deer of the year last night, unfortunately it was with my patrol car:(.

crash
11-13-2013, 05:53 AM
We missed the snow here in prince george but the winds will cut you in half:eek::(

SAABDOCTOR
11-13-2013, 07:00 AM
WOW HEADING SOUTH CAN'T Still working! we had snow yesterday AND LOWS DOWN TO 17 LAST NIGHT.Sure hope this isn't a sign of the winter to come :banghead:

JRTJH
11-13-2013, 07:06 AM
JRTJH,
I too hunt and have enjoyed some time in my stand this year. I got my first deer of the year last night, unfortunately it was with my patrol car:(.

Sorry about the incident last night. That's not the enjoyable way to hunt deer. In fact, it's one of the hazards of living in the country. We see 10-12 laying on the side of the road almost every time we travel over 50 miles.

I remember one spring thaw between Manistique and Gladstone when there were literally hundreds of deer on the US 2. I later learned that it's almost an annual event when the ice melts and they take to the roads to lick the salt off the pavement. We were blessed with seeing that only the one time, but we'll always remember it. Maximum speed that night was no more than 20 MPH as they simply wouldn't move out of the way. It was sort of like, "This is my home, you're a guest, so hold on till we're finished" sort of event :thumbsup:

I've got an 8 point that keeps snooping around the stand, so far he's been too skittish to join the other bucks in the field. There's been 8 or 10, all 6 points or smaller at one time. So far, I haven't taken any. I guess today or tomorrow (before gun season opens) I'll take one if that big guy doesn't co-operate.

We're running low on venison summer sausage, brats and kielbasa, so I need to get something in the pole barn before too long. Once the shooting starts on Friday, deer will be "real scarce" out in the open.

Kristi
11-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Had a bit of frost on the windshield this am, but it is supposed to warm back up in upper 70's by the weekend.

I agree, bow season is the best time to be in the woods just watching the deer :)

Essness
11-13-2013, 09:09 AM
My back yard on Monday.......:eek:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_102695_0_3a229ef44c8c20cd1fcb24da0b997b8c.jpg

I ran away to California. It's 70 and sunny in San Jose:)

2011 keystone
11-13-2013, 05:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/8ehudype.jpg
My front lawn tuesday morning.
I HATE winter!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Beachnut
11-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Hate to be a stinker,, but... :p It was 86 degrees and sunshine all day here on the Central California Coast! (Pismo Beach area). It was just like a hot summer day, except for shorter daytime due to the sun dropping into the ocean so soon! We just got back from a 10 day camping trip to the Ventura Coast line, Emma Woods State park, where we camped so close to the ocean that the High tides waves sent spray clear up to the trailer! It was days of mid 70's for highs, and mid 50's for lows! Tomorrow I am going gold prospecting inland, and it is slated to be high of mid 70's! :)

Of coarse, if this drought keeps up,, we will be drinking dirt this summer!

Beachnut

JRTJH
11-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Hate to be a stinker,, but... :p It was 86 degrees and sunshine all day here on the Central California Coast! (Pismo Beach area). It was just like a hot summer day, except for shorter daytime due to the sun dropping into the ocean so soon! We just got back from a 10 day camping trip to the Ventura Coast line, Emma Woods State park, where we camped so close to the ocean that the High tides waves sent spray clear up to the trailer! It was days of mid 70's for highs, and mid 50's for lows! Tomorrow I am going gold prospecting inland, and it is slated to be high of mid 70's! :)

Of coarse, if this drought keeps up,, we will be drinking dirt this summer!

Beachnut

BAAAAA HUMBUG !!!!! Somebody is "rubbing it in" LOL Enjoy your nice weather cause as you say, if the drought keeps up....... :eek:

Courtland
11-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Well I might as well jump on the stinker train. I just got back from coaching my sons soccer practice here in Southern California, at 6:30 in the evening it was still 75 degrees and everyone was in shorts and a t-shirts it was so nice. It's now down to a blistering 68 and I am thinking I need to change out of my flip flops for tennis shoes when I go walk to dogs in a few. :D

Courtland

Western Traveler
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Left snow on the ground at my Montana home and had a shortened rifle season to return to work in Hawaii a couple of days ago. It dropped to 73 degrees here last night and I almost put a hoodie on.
Truth be told I would rather be back hunting at home.
The human condition...lol

antiqfreq
11-15-2013, 01:52 PM
yesterday it was 21... Fire place was going strong....

today 45.... yeah !

jo

hankpage
11-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I stopped the other evening at a Dunkin-Donuts for a cup of coffee. (decaf of course .. at my age no high-test after 4pm) I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and there was another gentleman on line wearing a wool watch cap, down jacket and gloves. He was staring at me so I asked if some thing was wrong. He replied .. "One of us is dressed wrong." I said, It's only 52°F out. What will you wear when winter comes???? He must have been from California or Florida. :rolleyes: Keep rubbing it in guys ... we can always put more clothes on to keep warm but in summer there is just so much you can take off before getting arrested or laughed at. "bouncey: Enjoy your nice weather ... I'm jealous, Hank

davidjsimons
11-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Y'all might note that it is 26 degrees in Central Tx right now... Stores are selling out of bread and milk, gas stations are being inundated with folks fueling up and firewood is in short supply. :D

Thanks for bursting my optimism.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.

gearhead
11-15-2013, 05:55 PM
John, you know the way back down here. lol
We had a FROST around Houston yesterday. I woke up pulling for covers and had to turn the heater on for the first time. Been working away in the yard...re-mulching flower beds. Three trailer loads of cedar mulch and my back won't take any more.
Washed the Cougar this morning. Don't know why I didn't go fishing.
Supposed to be in the mid 80's Sunday. Jeez, I hate to fish on weekends.

bobbecky
11-16-2013, 04:10 PM
We woke up last Monday to 14 degrees, and Tuesday morning 19 degrees and didn't get over 32 during that day. Much better as the week went on, and we are staying just north of Kansas City, MO. Sure went through the propane, filled a tank every other day.

outrider
11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh boy, am I glad we made it to Texas. Blistering hot today. (compared to Johns temps) 81 today and the windows are open and fan going. Beats Maine all to heck. .-)

JRTJH
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
What a change a day makes ~~~~ Right now it's 51*F (It's midnight) and raining. Forecast is for thunderstorms tonight, clearing about 6 AM, cloudy until noon and then more thunderstorms with a high of 58*. Then SN** for Monday with a high of 32 and lows in the low 20's.

It's great to have the Cougar to sleep in, but I haven't figured out how to use it as a deer blind yet LOL

CRAAAAAZY weather for sure.... Enjoy those warm temps in the south. We'll be there in Feb or March, even if we have to put skiis on the truck to get there :)

Night all :)

allmi01
11-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Well better late than never to the thread but I was up in the the northern LP of Michigan for the last 2 weeks. Deer season. No luck though. QDM (Quality Deer Management) hit us hard along with sustenance hunting buy the locals. Lots of deer, not too many racks.

Back to the topic, left home on 11/12 at 22 degrees. Filled fresh waer tank just before leaving. I had blown out all the water lines and anti-freezed the tanks and traps before. Went through that wonder lake effect snow for 60 miles and then hit the north woods at a beautiful 22 degress. Went to 18 overnight. Water systems worked perfectly. Thermostat at 70 stayed close to that. Went through a 100lb propane tank plus a couple of 30's in the 12 days I was gone.

The Cougar HC worked exactly as expected. Despite a lot of threads to the contrary (sorry Hank) the arctic package works as advertised, water flows and doesn't freeze as long as the furnace is on at a reasonable temperature (meaning 65 +).

John, gld to hear you had more success with the deer hunting than I did. Everyone cleared out of our area when the monsoons hit on Sunday. Only a couple of us hardy types hung around and enjoyed the beautiful snow and quiet of the woods.

Mike

Javi
11-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh boy, am I glad we made it to Texas. Blistering hot today. (compared to Johns temps) 81 today and the windows are open and fan going. Beats Maine all to heck. .-)

How's that working out today... :D

Steve S
11-25-2013, 01:07 PM
-6 here at night and no complaints, nothing freezing up,the furnace gets a little too hot at times even with a window open :)
I can't wait for snow :)