PDA

View Full Version : Need Campground info

MackDaddy
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Please give me some info on your favorite campgrounds in PA and Tenn. Around the Reading PA area would be nice. French Creek SP looks promising.Also looking around the Sevierville area as well. Just planning a family trip next summer when kids are out of school.

Thanks

Jim W
09-23-2010, 03:51 AM
My DW and I stayed at a COE park right outside of Nashville TN. The park is called "J Percy Priest Steven Points Campground". When you check out RV parkriews this gets a 10 out of 10 for must reviewers. I agree with this also.

My only complaint was the ambient air temps were in the high 90's and the humidity was close to the 90% percent level. This was in June of this year. We realy could not enjoy the campground with this tempeture.

I would use this website for futher reviews on campgrounds. I tend to make my decissions from this site and very very rarely have we been steered wrong.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Jim

antiqfreq
09-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Jim,

I thank you for the info also as we'll be going thru Nashville area 3rd week of October it looks like and we'll probably check out that COE.

We just left a COE in De Soto, WI today and it was great. It was called Blackhawk Park right on the Mississippi River.

Jo

MackDaddy
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, I will check it out for sure.

gc2197
12-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Hello
My Family and I use Riverside Campground off of route 66 in Sevierville TN. It is a very nice camp ground, quite and not so close to Pigeon Forge that you have to deal with all the traffic. You are about 5 Miles from down town Pigeon Forge and Dollywood and about 45 Minutes from Gatlinburg. Hiking and walking trails in the mountains are close by also. The Camp ground has a river running through it and if you can get a site in the old section (up next to the pool and office) you have plenty of shade. We put a 38 foot Copper Canyon with 3 slides in there with no problem. My parents bring up their camper and other family members use the cabins. Here is their web site: http://riversidecamp.com/

Outbackmel
12-05-2010, 06:50 AM
These reviews are VERY helpful for most of us. You should also consider joining (free) and posting under the above titled web site. It's very user friendly and honest opinions. Wish I had known about it prior to our camping experience from H _ _ _ at Pigeon Forge KOA !:mad: I now post on both our forum and this site. Thanks for taking time to comment. We will likely be going back next summer and will try Riverside.

MightyMike
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
don't know what kind of trip you want for next year, but if you want to stay in PA at a great amusement park for the kids, check out Knoebels Grove. The campground is right next to the park, and they also use a shuttle in the campground. Only drawback is no sewer connections or water at sites. They have stations available in the campground, or you can use their bathhouses. we usually only stay a weekend, so we fill our water and make it last. Park is still free admission, you only pay if you want to ride. And don't get me started on the FOOD! Weekends fill up really fact, so if you don't book early you won't probab;y get in. think last year was 31 bucks a nite.

coachtrav
03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Knoebels is a must do if you are in the area. It is a yealy destination for our group. We go with at least two families and have one heck of a time. Old time amusement park with lot's of charm.

cumminsdad08
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Knoebels is great, you only pay for what you want to ride. but not really close to the reading area, maybe 1.5 hours without the trailer, you can add from there with it. we just spent the weekend in adventure bound eagles peak. it was nice and open, i would ask for the sites in the mid 200's, they are wooded with a little more space inbetween them, 15 min from downtown reading, and all its attratations, yet still in the woods. we actually went to the mall twice on saturday, (it was raining all day). i only live maybe 30 min from reading. on I78 there are a couple of campgrounds, and the famous cabalas is just north of reading, with boat and rv supercenter directly across the street, but beware if you stop in, it wont take them long to talk you into a new trailer. i got a pile of places right local that we will be talcking all summer long, with fuel prices up, not much of a choice. hit me up if you need some advice or directions, or you want someone that can swing in somplace you are interested in and take a look. i travel all over central PA for my ocupation.

rwj
04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
We are seasonal campers in PA at Rosemount in the Lewistown Valley. It is about 20 minutes from Cabella's. They have a website if you are interested in information. Been there almost 20 years.