PDA

View Full Version : Fort McAllister Historic Park, GA

Ruffus
09-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Well, on our first days as full timers we ventured North from South Florida to the Savannah Area where the youngest daughter lives. Made reservations on line at Fort McAllister Historic Park where $27 a night buys you 30amp service and water under giant walnut, oak and magnoilia trees. There are no street lights, large pull through sites and plenty of Quiet. The camp grounds are located on and Island where the fishing is good and the crabbing is even better. Nice shower houses with laundry and great camp hosts. Then if you are 62 years or older you get another $5.40 off every night. Life is good and even great in Richmond Hill GA. If you get this far South, I would recommend a stay espeacially during the week.:)

Sebring
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Enjoy! Sounds wonderful...one day I will get my DH over to that "neck of the woods", as it's on my "to go" list. Suppose winning the lottery would help too...lol

antiqfreq
09-19-2010, 12:30 PM
We went to Fort McAllister park about 3 years ago on our way back home from a North Carolina vacation and we liked it alot.

Hopefully we will get back there & next time take the canoe with us!

Jo