PDA

View Full Version : Just back....

gearhead
09-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Whew...I'm wore out. Left Houston for Rossburg OH for the Four Crown USAC races at Eldora Speedway. New Cougar 28SGS 5th wheel. No issues. Well...except for...the furnace...on battery power the furnace only blows...on 110volt hookups the furnace AND the roof A/C fan blows. Called the dealer...no, you should be able to use just the furnace on 110v hookups. No bigee, I'll play with the thermostat some more.
Averaged about 8.5 mpg pulling with the GMC 2500HD 6.0 gasser. I'm thinking about 2500 miles total. Now...unload the trailer and start cleaning up....tomorrow.
Highly recommend touring the Woodford Reserve distillery in Versailles KY.

hankpage
09-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great trip ...... Switch the thermostat fan setting to "AUTO" and you're good to go.

crash
10-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Glad you had a great trip,

edstep
10-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Sounds like a good trip, for the most part uneventful

gearhead
10-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, it was a great trip. Surprisingly uneventful. It's our first 5th wheel. Did one little shakedown trip close to home and them took off on the "big" trip.
The Champion generator died after about 8 hours of service. Thankfully a cool front blew through and we didn't need it. It ran 5 hours at home, I changed the oil, ran it another hour, then it died after 2 hours in Ohio. Oh well...it's at a repair shop now.
I have a small punch list for the camper...most of it I may end up doing myself. Crossing my fingers that we have a good camper, compared to some of the horror stories I read about.
I burned some gasoline but it's job/pension security! Planning the next "big" one. Maybe New England.

byrdr1
10-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Glad to hear your trip went well.
The AC fan blows with furnace when pluged into 110v. but its how you set the themostat fan speed. High, low or Auto but I forget which one it needs to be set on to make it work or not. the fan runs as the furnace runs so that as the heat rises so that it moves the heated air around. Well thats JMHO.
randy