PDA

View Full Version : Redneck camping

crash
09-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Just wondering how many of you redneck camp at home?and how often do you do it:D

allmi01
09-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Once in a while, the DW and I find ourselves too busy to get away for the weekend but use redneck camp overnight to get away from the noise in the house. Just a quick change of pace.

It does wonders for the attitude.

Kristi
09-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Still trying to talk DH into it. ;)

SAABDOCTOR
09-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I call it being in the dog house!!!!!:d

tileman
09-19-2013, 09:24 AM
We leave the 5th wheel out by our shop it has a 50amp plug in for the rv
some days when I have time off I just go out there and spend the day in it.

Watching TV and just setting there thinking I know its only like 500ft from the house but at times its like a diff world :)

Trent McCain
09-19-2013, 10:54 AM
We have our 5th in our driveway with dedicated 50A and cable service to it. Our 7 yr old daughter loves to camp, so there are evenings when we rough it in the driveway. We are fairly young, and none of our friends have RV's. Some of the guys thought the 5th wheel would make a great doghouse, and if they had one, they'd want to be in trouble with their wives all the time!

Trent

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Laredo291OH
09-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Kids usually have sleepovers in ours... great place for a bunch of 12 yo girls to scream and holler.

Jim Dow
09-19-2013, 06:33 PM
We have our Montana High Country on our own private campground down on our son's farm - between his house and the barn, so we wake up to the roosters. The spot is outfitted with complete hookups, a brick patio, and a grassy yard that my son maintains.

We try to go down to visit about once a month - more during hunting season.

It's a great place to get away without really getting away; and we have great neighbors.

On one trip this summer, my 12 yo grandson and I published an ebook about his activities on the farm - a kids perspective. Take a look at it on Amazon.com (Kindle), Nook (Barnes & Noble), or iBook (Apple Store). The title is "Where is Caden James? At Home on the Farm". The ebook also counted for one of his 4H achievements. Now he's a published author - and proud of it.

Trent McCain
09-19-2013, 06:59 PM
My folks did the same on our family farm. They live in town but wanted a place to stay when they had farming to do or just wanted to get out of town. They installed full hookups for their 5th wheel and later moved in a single wide mobile home as its permanent. The RV hookups are still there if we would want to "camp" on the farm or need extra lodging.

Trent

Ken / Claudia
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
About half of my adult life was spend working 8p-4a, 10p-6a, or 12a-8a and having court, training or call outs during the day. Had a RV of somekind in the driveway and slept in it many times just to get some sleep.

suza
09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
My folks did the same on our family farm. They live in town but wanted a place to stay when they had farming to do or just wanted to get out of town. They installed full hookups for their 5th wheel and later moved in a single wide mobile home as its permanent. The RV hookups are still there if we would want to "camp" on the farm or need extra lodging.

Trent

We have a family campground on our ranch with an open invitation for our friend and family RVers. However, our campground is "dry". Keeps campers from overstaying their welcome :rolleyes:

Woodsrider
09-20-2013, 10:31 AM
LOL the place we are going today almost counts. the CG is only 11 miles from home.

antiqfreq
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I can't say as I really do it for 'fun'.......but I have gone out there to watch a DVD a time or two.

Also, just spend two weeks and five days in it (but who is counting) because our a/c went out in our house!

Jo

crash
09-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your stick house a/c.

Terry W.
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM
OK Question
Is it Redneck Camping if you fire up the generator and move out to the camper when the power goes out. Oh yea I watch NASCAR during the outage also.

suza
09-24-2013, 06:36 AM
OK Question
Is it Redneck Camping if you fire up the generator and move out to the camper when the power goes out. Oh yea I watch NASCAR during the outage also.

I'd say this qualifies, even if it is for survival :)

Here's a :D - this past Spring, we endured a power outage, in the house, with the RV sitting vacant and didn't even think to "camp"! Must be old age setting in.

Essness
11-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Finally getting caught up on these threads.........
driveway camping never happens, a lot"bouncey:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_102697_0_b3e07af7dedbab6a4dfe26ff6d9599bc.jpg

this is the old camper but same premise;)

fla-gypsy
11-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Done it a few times. The grand kids think it is great fun

BlindGuyNAR
11-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Being half "redneck" i perfer the PC term "stay-cation":)

For sure done it quite a few times. Kinda a pain to not use the bathroom though.

if i'm at home when our cleaning lady comes i go out there and watch a movie. It makes me feel lazy to watch her do all the work i'm to lazy to do! I just prefer to think of it as the Cleaning Fairy came. I left it was dirty and i came back and it was clean!

Wingnut
11-16-2013, 12:29 PM
We haven't camped in the driveway yet, but we did tow it to the Airpark last night and camped next to the hangar with some friends also staying in their campers. We had a big dinner in a hangar and then all got together in another hangar to watch The Great Waldo Pepper projected on a huge screen. After the movie, we all crawled back to the campers for the night. Great fun to mix camping and aviation and all just a few miles from the house!

Steve S
11-16-2013, 04:47 PM
We have a family campground on our ranch with an open invitation for our friend and family RVers. However, our campground is "dry". Keeps campers from overstaying their welcome :rolleyes:

What does a dry campground mean?

byrdr1
11-16-2013, 07:28 PM
No power, water, sewer. It means you rely on the battery power. Or use a generator very limited. Charge batteries a couple hrs a day. Then turn it off. NASCAR. camping in a popup several times like this. TT a few times, never in the 5er.

Randy Sent this!!

Mark TC
11-17-2013, 04:06 AM
I was hillbilly camping last night in my TT, it's always fun. It's new and only had it out 1 time but have slept in it 3 time in the yard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Steve S
11-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Wow, for a minute there I thought dry camping meant no booze (tx)
I lived up north in a dry town...... never again :party:

Essness
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Wow, for a minute there I thought dry camping meant no booze (tx)
I lived up north in a dry town...... never again :party:

Without booze? That cant even be called camping:o:rofl:

BobnLee
11-17-2013, 07:44 PM
My backyard is 5 acres. Quieter than any campground and it comes cheaper. Hydro and water supplied and a nice view of the horses. Leave the cell phones in the house and everybody thinks you have gone away. I get 3 TV channels and have about 50 movies if I need them.