PDA

View Full Version : What you cook while camping ?

Bubba777
09-10-2013, 04:55 PM
I cook gumbo wild rabbit frogs deer ducks being from Louisiana we eat good. And every one and a while I bring some boudin!!!!!!!!

Festus2
09-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I cook gumbo wild rabbit frogs deer ducks being from Louisiana we eat good. And every one and a while I bring some boudin!!!!!!!!

I had to get out a dictionary and Google some of what's on your menu.

In some parts of Canada - the Prairies - "gumbo" is what you get on your shoes when trekking through mud/muck aka "gumbo"not something anyone would want to eat. I'm sure your gumbo tastes yummy.

I assume you mean frog legs as opposed to "frogs". Deer I can understand - otherwise known as venison. Ducks - well that is self-explanatory.

"Boudin" isn't even listed in Funk & Wagnalls Standard American Dictionary. After a Google search, I now know what it is and it even sounds edible.

Our dinner fare isn't quite so .......exotic? gamey? :D

SAD
09-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Generally, on Friday night, we do whatever is quick and easy since my wife generally works that day and she meets me out there.

Other nights, it varies seasonally or with the weather.. Many times its steaks.... Coal-cooking in packets ... Brats.... Burgers... Crock pot stuff....

Pre-prepared, ill bring brisket, ribs... Gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya.....

theeyres
09-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Where are you? I want to come to dinner. Down South cooking is by far and away my favorite. You sure can't find it here in AZ!!

Bubba777
09-11-2013, 03:18 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/11/e2e9ubaz.jpg my kids loves frog legs.

Bubba777
09-11-2013, 03:23 AM
I had to get out a dictionary and Google some of what's on your menu.

In some parts of Canada - the Prairies - "gumbo" is what you get on your shoes when trekking through mud/muck aka "gumbo"not something anyone would want to eat. I'm sure your gumbo tastes yummy.

I assume you mean frog legs as opposed to "frogs". Deer I can understand - otherwise known as venison. Ducks - well that is self-explanatory.

"Boudin" isn't even listed in Funk & Wagnalls Standard American Dictionary. After a Google search, I now know what it is and it even sounds edible.

Our dinner fare isn't quite so .......exotic? gamey? :D

Shoot me a pm and your address I ship some frozen on dry ice

Javi
09-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Good lookin' frog legs..."bouncey: hard to come by in Central Texas right now, what with the drought and no water in the tanks.

Boudin is one of the things I miss from my days working with the great folks aboard tow boats on the barge canal... Well that and the coffee :D

Bubba777
09-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Good lookin' frog legs..."bouncey: hard to come by in Central Texas right now, what with the drought and no water in the tanks.

Boudin is one of the things I miss from my days working with the great folks aboard tow boats on the barge canal... Well that and the coffee :D
Yea the coffee is pretty good just about everything is !:)

Javi
09-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Yea the coffee is pretty good just about everything is !:)
Yep...

We cook up a big pot of Texas style chili, or a pot of red beans, fry up some fish I've caught, cook whatever meat I've killed or seafood I've bought fresh off the boat along with some hot water cornbread...

but mostly we eat sandwiches or salads cause we're too busy relaxing to stop and fix something. :D

crash
09-11-2013, 04:00 AM
crock pot meals,beer can whole chickens,chicken and dumplins,bbq chicken ,chicken stew,steaks,hamburgers,ect and yes we love chicken and have plenty of it ,hinse I work for Perdue Farms:D

ctpd814
09-11-2013, 04:24 AM
Besides the normal burgers, dogs, and chicken, we like to make pizzas on the grill.

inspecterbake
09-11-2013, 05:03 AM
I miss LA the best food and people have'nt been there in 26 years need to plan a trip down there.:):)

SAABDOCTOR
09-11-2013, 05:17 AM
I'll do crock pot on a cold rainy fall day. but anything on a grill works for me. steaks fish lobsta. corn chicken and pork products and the assorted adult beverages. Bubba nice lookin frogs legs! benn a while since I had those.:cool:

GaryWT
09-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Sorry but will not be joining you... but glad you like those things. We do burgers, dogs or chicken sandwiches on the grill when we arrive and 2 of the favorites for the weekend are shis k bob on the grill or over the fire and a whole chicken in the dutch oven. Have also done roasts or ribs in the dutch oven or crock pot. We generally keep it simple and straight forward, some might call us boring but that is fine with us.

Laredo291OH
09-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Being from the midwest we camp with alot of farmers. Over Labor day weekend we roasted a fresh ham and 3 pork shoulders (fresh as in, the pig was in the guys barn the day before) and on Sunday we had fresh leg of lamb. All was cooked in a large home made charcoal grill. Also had lamb bratwurst along with the leg of lamb.

Bubba777
09-11-2013, 09:44 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/y4upy2u3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/yju3a8eg.jpg

labs4life
09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/y4upy2u3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/yju3a8eg.jpg

Now that is what I'm talking about!!!

SAD
09-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Yum bubba!