PDA

View Full Version : Lights above dinette

Floridatex
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
How do you get to the light bulb above the dinette? I am really hoping that one does not have to remove the wood panel from the ceiling in order to change the light bulb. I did not see a release to remove the valance from the fixture.

SLIMSHADIE
09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Well speaking from experience after cracking my head and breaking my valance. My light is like an upside down umbrella. After the glass broke in half, There was a button or screw so called and I just unscrewed it to remove and replace the glass.

therink
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing the other day and figured it out. If you have same style.as mine, I placed palm of hand over underside of the globe and rotated the globe a quarter turn and the globe dropped out. It has a cam style lock. No screws in mine. It took a while to figure it out though. I'm glad I did because I was envisioning myself tearing the ceiling apart and the bulb didnt even need changing. I was just bored. ;)

e00008
12-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I am having the same problem with my dinette light. How much pressure did you have to use to get the globe to turn. I haven't been able to budge either of mine. I am concerned with having the globe break in my hand.

Thanks,

Bruce in the Keys

therink
12-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I cant remember exactly how much pressure, but I did have to press up on the globe with palms of both hands a bit to get it to turn. I think I remember thinking I was going to break it as well.