PDA

View Full Version : Reverse snowbirds?

Kristi
09-05-2013, 07:09 AM
We are making plans for retirement in the near future "bouncey: and one of my goals is to escape the hot Oklahoma summers. We are looking at spending 6-8 weeks somewhere cooler then 100+! I know most of you head south for the winter, but do any of you head north or up in elevation for the summer?

dandjh1958
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Come to Oregon. The summers are perfect on the west side of the Cascades.
And if you want to freeze to death, go to the Redwood National forest on the Oregon/California border. Inland it will be 100+ on the coast it will be in the 50's. Weather makes for some BIG trees!

In my travels to the Oregon coast in summer, I have met many OK, AL and GA folks that make the trek every year to summer on the coast.

Happy Camping!!

crash
09-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Oregon sounds like my kinda place and I think our Bulldog would like it too:Dhe dont take the heat that good.

ctpd814
09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
One of the great things about this country is there is a very diverse climate and scenery. The great thing about having an RV is if there is something you don't like about were you are, you can move. I say if you are in the position to go somewhere to escape the heat go for it. Do a little homework, choose a destination and enjoy.

theeyres
09-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I have met lots of reverse snow birds here in AZ. We go North for a month or two, from Green Valley, just below Tucson. This year we stayed in Show Low, AZ, in the mountains, where there are a bunch of RV parks and they all fill with people coming from Phoenix and Tucson. We moved from OR and the advantage to living in southern AZ is that the weather is perfect 8 or 9 months of the year. In OR you have rain or snow 8 or 9 months of the year.

Some people call us Sun Birds instead of Snow Birds.

Kristi
09-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Sun birds, I like that :) We have a few years, so we are planning to use vacation time to try out several places that are within a 12 hour drive. New Mexico, Colorado, Appalachian mountains. Lots to think about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk