PDA

View Full Version : Please brag about your modifications!!!

bman2camp
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I've got a 2012 Passport Ultra Light 2650BH.

I'd really like to start adding some personal touches to this TT to make it easier for camping, loading, storage, etc. Some ideas i've had are adding drawers to the dinette bench seats so the wife doesn't have to lift the cushions up from the top to get in there. Anyone do this? I would love to see pics...

Anyone swap out that horrible mattress? Our Queen size one is not doing us any good. Worth it to add a mattress pad or should we simply pic up a new mattress...suggestions on them, where to get them, etc?

Personal touches to the exterior storage bins?

What else have you done to make your camping more enjoyable?

Thanks.

Bryan

Kristi
09-04-2013, 10:02 AM
We added a 4" memory foam mattress pad. Caught it on sale from Amazon for $50 or so. We also bought a full size, cut it in half, and put it on the bunk beds. Other then adding privacy curtains to the bunk beds(I posted pics in the mod section), and command hooks in the shower for wet suits, we really haven't done that much yet. Cabinet doors under the dinette are still on the to do list :)

Good luck with your mods!

crash
09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Radio cd player and speaker to the front right basement storage so we dont have to go in and out to change channel and I also added a plug for an outside rock speaker so I dont keep DW up late at night a small refrig to right basement storage for you know:party:,hanging hooks in the left basement storage to hang the water hoses and cable cords,wall anchors in the garage to secure the dog pins to the walls,mounts under the bunk seat to store things flag pole buddy w/ 16ft flag pole and a solar light on top of the ladder for ole glory:D6 small puck lights to under side of the upper bunk in the garage for lower table lights,just to name afew:D

SAABDOCTOR
09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
HI THERE! I just swapped out the pillow top ( yea right) matress for a sleep number. that was a bad move now i will have to buy one for the stick house too:D

diugo
09-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Replaced the world's most uncomfortable RV couch with a single, properly-centered, floor-mounted La-Z-Boy recliner that can rotate 360° to take full advantage of the huge picture window in the rear.

Saw a moose the other day!

Woodsrider
09-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I made a cutting board stove cover. My wife is going to add curtains to the bunks. Command hooks here and there. LED bulbs are on the list for this fall.

SAD
09-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Bunch of Rubbermaid (or random other brand) storage bins for 5er basement.

LED bulbs for ENTIRE RV. Even with every single fixture (inside, upside, and downside) turned on.... No converter fan!!!

buzzcop63
09-04-2013, 09:25 PM
1. Added Tire Minder sending units to all four tires. Temperature and PSI!
2. Found foam 1/4 thin art boards that cut to size and fit between screen door and outer door window to keep light out in the morning.
3. Bought from Camping World foam pillows that match size of roof vents to block light for sleeping.
4. Put non-slide sheets under kitchen bench seats to keep cushions from sliding out.
5. Got plastic see through coupling for draining Black tank, great help.
6. Also bought those yellow balls on pull out extensions to use in attaching trailer to truck and they work, a lot less frustration between wife and me!
7. Found a children's foam clock face to teach them time and used it to fit over Wingard antenna base in ceiling of trailer, now can record where we have found best location to receive each channel instead of hunting again and again!

danimal
09-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Like the other posts, over time we have completed modifications much like the ones already listed. The simplest and most economic are: Matress pad, storage bins for the basement; miscellaneous hanging devices in the bathroom, kitchen and basement storage areas; and most importantly, plain old being organized to make use of available room.

I would highly recommend a matress pad. We added one for about $40, don't remember the brand but it made a tremendous improvement without shelling out big bucks (for us) for a new matress. Hanging devices for kitchen utensils, magnetic knife holder (not just for knives), key holder rack, spice rack, command hooks in tub, towel racks in bath behind the door and on the wall. Hooks or brackets in storage areas for anything that will hang out of the way. We put a small shelf by entry door over key rack for wallet and other miscellaneous things while camping. Added another folding shelf in kitchen next to the stove to increase counter area. Wall mounting your flat screens is cheap and easy so you don't have to worry about stowing them when you travel. You can buy any size TV wall mount bracket on Ebay for less than $25. I also recommend the "pocket hose" expanding hose (not as a water supply) for flush-outs and miscellaneous use. They actually work, take up no room at all and is only about $20 at home depot.

If you are a decent carpenter I see no reason why you could not install drawers where you describe. Take cues from other drawers in your trailer or your home kitchen cabinets or dressers. Another option is to remove the thin panel, as you would if installing a drawer, and buy a cabinet door, hinges and knobs and mount this over the hole where the panel was mounted. This would provide access to the area without having to remove the cushions and plywood cover/cushion support. You could probably find the items necessary for either project online.

There is always more, search and read this site and you will learn alot. Remember, the internet is your friend and you can almost always find what you need or want cheap somewhere online, provided you don't need it immediately.

Todd727
07-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Sleep Number bed. Didn't buy the RV model, just a normal queen size. Saves money if your current bed is a real queen size.

EricLynnAllison
07-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Here are few of my modifications, search my name for pictures

Telescoping sewer hose
Electric cord reel
Water reel
battery cutoff
battery isolator
additional batteries
air compressor
air hose reel
garage air conditioner
paper towel holder
triglide 5th wheel hitch
garage cabinets
washer/dryer
lights in garage
High pressure propane auxilery connection
Steady fast
Window treatment for front doors
Propane line for grill
tire monitor system
additional rear awning

bsmith0404
07-06-2015, 09:03 AM
Added a wine rack in the bathroom for towel storage (see pic).

Added straps to the basement storage wall to strap folding tables and reclining patio/lounge chairs on edge. Keeps them standing up and tight against the front wall.

We have various size Rubbermaid storage bins, but a very large one holds all of our pots and pans. When we set up, I pull it out of the storage and set it next to the camp chef. We do all of our cooking outside so it's nice and convenient to have all of the big pots and pans in one bin right where we use them.

BirchyBoy
07-06-2015, 10:05 AM
My favorite modification has been the mileage I've added. Almost 8,500 miles between two camping trips that took us coast to coast the last 2 summers :-)

randy69
07-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Electrical management system
New landing leg with motor and switch now two motors
Relocated power converter and water pump
Ran a heater register to garage
Air compressor and ran ss tubing to the back
Gas quick dissconect by front door
Hot & cold water quick dissconect under storage compartment
Two hindge doors in storage compartment acess landing gear and power converter.
Electrical plugs on both sides storage compartment & font storage
Usb power distrubition wall mounted
6" PVC mounted for sewer hose
Led lamps

Steve S
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I made my own Polar Package by installing insulation in the underbelly like it should've been done in the factory.
I installed some very nice towel bars in the bathroom.
Pulled the toilet and installed a composting toilet, no more horrible smells!
Under the upper cabs I have a hide away can opener.
I drilled holes in the fold out steps to drain the water so it's not tracked in.
Replaced the back chairs with nice recliners.
I have done a few other things as well but can't think of them at this moment :)

Desert185
07-06-2015, 11:23 PM
*Maxxis tires
*Wetbolt kit
*Magic Chef portable ice maker
*Oxygenics shower head
*Flagpole Buddy
*MaxxAir vent covers
*A/C in bedroom
*LED bulbs
*Winegard Wingman booster antenna
*Splendide washer/dryer combo
*Memory foam bed pad
*STEADYfast stabilizing system
Edit. *Andersen Levelers

vampress_me
07-08-2015, 08:25 PM
-Steadyfast stabilizers
-Maxxis tires
-Progressive Industries hard wired EMS
-New cabinet door (match existing) for base cabinet by entry door so only covers top half of cabinet since bottom 1/2 is for shoe storage and want it open
-new matching cabinet door and hinges for 'secret' storage area in bedroom (secret only because it was originally a blank panel)
-Smart Tile backsplashes in kitchen and bathroom
-clear screen door panel and slider so can see out ($10 in plexiglass cut to size)
-Command strip spice holders on pantry cabinet doors
-keypad for door latch so no longer need key for locking/unlocking door
-Command velco strip by door for wireless temperature sending unit outside
-Maxxair vent covers
-cup holders on both sides of couch
-memory foam topper for tri-fold couch when used as bed (works great!)
-added light in driver's side basement storage to match light on passenger side for digging in there at night
-sewed valances for windows since didn't like the ones it came with/ matches lap quilt and pillow on couch
-canvas hanging closet shelves for pop-out closet since it's too shallow for normal wire hangers
-6" PVC post for the sewer hose
-LED bulbs

notanlines
07-09-2015, 03:18 AM
Installed the 40 gallon RDS flat in-bed auxiliary diesel tank in our pickup. Used the RDS install kit and everything simply couldn't work better.

T3/T4 Hybrid
07-30-2015, 04:33 PM
LED Light strips in the storage areas. I can now see what Im reaching for! :D

Andymon
07-31-2015, 09:03 AM
We added an electric fireplace, a 32" Smart TV, vinyl fence post for the sewer hose and door lifts for the upper cabinet door to keep them open when taking things out.

Ken / Claudia
07-31-2015, 09:42 AM
I came up with this all by myself. I have the bumper tray/bike rack. I welded a tube across the top of the bike rack post, same size as post, 12" long. Bolted the post into place. Added 2 55watt work lights to the cross piece. Put in a switch near the bumper and ran wires to one battery. Now I have enough light back behind the trailer when ever needed. The lights rotate so could light up the BBQ area etc. I added for safety against them bouncing and hitting the rear wall, foam across them and drilled another hole one thru the pull tray about 2 inchs further out. Now the bumper is out about 2 inchs from before. Cost around 40 bucks and 2-3 hours. If I ever use the bike rack it is still usable.

SAABDOCTOR
08-03-2015, 05:32 AM
WELL WE are now full timing and the camper is on a perminant site. so my mod is a 34x12 foot deck. now the dogs can be outside and not on a leash. also mounted a moreryde tv mount to one of the 4x4 posts.

koko
08-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Clear entry door window (Edwin)
Two huge drawers under the dinette
Springfield Table Pedestal
Found blank space behind panel in TV console for pots and pans
Larger television
Command hooks here and there
Storage solutions in garage area
Oxygenic shower head
Bed lift
Switched to LED lights
Wood cutting board cover for stove top
Electrical Management System by Progressive Industries (protects from open ground if an electrical plug-in at campgrounds has no ground and will protect from miswired pedestal with 240 volts. Will not allow camper to be damaged by overvoltage). Just an aside on this - our camper shell was electrified because electrical cord was pinched in frame of trailer by manufacturer causing a power wire to short directly to the frame, thereby electrifying the frame. We were getting major shocks and just happened to have purchased the EMS at the same time. It confirmed that we had a problem with the trailer and not our home wiring, and we were able to trace the problem and fix it before anyone was hurt. Many thanks to Mike Sokol at noshockzone.org for walking us through the solution to this major problem. It was so bad that someone could have been electrocuted.

Have probably spent about $2000 on mods. Well worth all of them.

Cnc_hemi
08-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Pictures guys pictures.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L

B-O-B'03
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM
So far I have:

Memory Foam Mattress pad
Replaced remaining incandescent bulbs with LED (some were already, but not all??)
Second battery
Modified a Weber Q2200 for LP propane
Second LP propane port for my Weber Q
Longer gas hose on the outside cook top, original was just a wee bit too short.
Additional 120V outlets, with USB charging ports, in the kitchen and slide side
Camco screen door cross bar
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C surge suppressor with remote display
Steadyfast stabilizers
Winegard RV-WING Wingman UHF Booster
FastWay one-step Wheel Chocks

I am sure there will be more to come :)

-Brian

slow
08-09-2015, 07:55 PM
We picked up out TT just over a year ago and have made a number of modifications in addition to taking care of a few factory workmanship issues we missed during the PDI.

Pictures of the mods can be found in my album: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/album.php?u=12209

Note that there are three pages to scroll thru.

ColoradoSooner
08-10-2015, 06:50 AM
Okay, just posted this on a separate thread but I'll post here, too.

Spruced up the kitchen area of our Passport Elite 23RB with Smart Tiles (Idaho Mosaic pattern) and some camper-themed accessories.

BEFORE:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181748_0_fc592a6554fe1a1cf924ad5716a4b1c5.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/ambers628/media/kitchen%20before_zpsarve1vjd.jpg.html)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181748_1_bd1ee15a1d42acbedabd568f7c0c20f7.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/ambers628/media/kitchen%20before%203_zpsvxcnvufa.jpg.html)

AFTER:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181748_2_de869f3b373f3af42949dc7b84cbdbab.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/ambers628/media/kitchen%20after%201_zpslqxocubp.jpg.html)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_181748_3_99113e7085bb27b79ff1cfb9179647c5.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/ambers628/media/kitchen%20after%204_zpsxgyrk8s3.jpg.html)

Steve S
08-10-2015, 09:26 AM
I like that, it sure did transform your kitchen :)