PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid problems

Bubba777
09-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Just looking for people that may have thyroid problems or thyroid removal.
My wife just had hers removed about 3 weeks ago and they found cancer in it. This is a hard hit on me and my 2 daughters she is only 27
I heard that it is common practice to take a thyroid out. She just took a dose of radiation pill to kill what cells left there is. It's very hard on her and the kids they have communicate threw cell phone. Also she going for her first scan Friday Prayers welcome

Thanks Ryan Kristy Ava and Gracie Hebert. From Louisiana

Festus2
09-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Bubba777 -

I am sorry to hear about your wife's thyroid problems and wish her and your family all the best in the coming months. It has to be very worrisome and stressful for you all.

I would also like to caution against members offering or suggesting any kind of treatment or advice about medical issues such as this here on the forum. Also, I am not sure if it would be helpful by relating first or second hand stories about the treatment or outcomes experienced by others who have or have had thyroid cancer. Medical issues, treatments and outcomes can be very complex and can vary greatly from one individual to another.

We hope that everything turns out well and your family will be in the thoughts and prayers of many here on the forum.

CHIEF MK
10-31-2013, 08:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to your wife, and your family.

Tom and Kim

BC Canada
10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Javi
11-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you, your wife and the family.
I can't speak to the cancer but many of us (including me) live full lives without a working thyroid.

ohiocougar
11-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Prayer for your wife and your family

Murphsmom
11-01-2013, 07:37 AM
My husband had the same surgery at just about the same age. He is now pushing 70. Relax, take a deep breath, follow your doctor's orders and realize that thyroid cancer is one of the most curable cancers there is. Above all, put on a positive face for those kids and your wife.

You will be in our thoughts.

Jim & DJ
11-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Bubba777, Our thoughts and Prayers to you and your family. Try to keep positive.

Jim & DJ

filmtex
11-02-2013, 12:38 PM
I understand your concern. My mom had her thyroid removed at about the same age-in the early 1960's. She has taken thyroid medication ever since-adjusting the doses as she got older. Other than some other totally unrelated health issues, she has not had any problems related to her thyroid that I am aware of. Oh, she just turned 80 this year and is fit as a fiddle! I hope everything works out well for your wife.

crash
11-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Our thoughts and prayers to you and your family,Stay strong for your kids and wife this is when they really need you.

Murphsmom
11-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Any updates?

SAABDOCTOR
11-07-2013, 11:19 AM
our pryers go out to you and your wife and family. I wish you the best!