PDA

View Full Version : Water Damage has lowered side wall and the slide has dropped down about 3 inches.

Eddie
08-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I have a Zeppelin 241 and I must have a had water entering into the floor somehow. Now the floor has started to lower and the Ceiling corners are starting to open and the slide has dropped down with the sagging floor so much that it won't go out over the box along the bottom of wall. I have sealed all the areas that the water may have found its way in but I have no idea if the damage that has occurred can be repaired. I have taken the greatest care of this camper and can't believe that something like this could have happened??? I don't know how Keystone could have designed the flooring without the support beams going the full width across the bottom of the camper to keep support in situations like this but I feel that is a poor design. If anyone at all can give me some advice or recommend a really good repair company in the New York area it would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Ed

antiqfreq
08-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Did you buy your camper from a local dealer that you can contact?

Or there are no Keystone dealers in your area to phone?

Keep us informed of your progress....

Jo

:confused:

Seann
08-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Sorry to say but you bought a Zeppelin.. I had the Z281 no floor bracing on it either...
For the water leaks check the roof.. on your hands and knees.. seal every little crack in the caulking... that is where most water gets in from.... You may have to redeck the trailer.. that will cost more than it is worth.. but can be done.

Eddie
08-30-2010, 07:05 AM
I bought the camper from a dealer in Conn. about 4 hours away. How much do you think it would cost to repair the floor. I don't think they would have to redeck the whole floor?
Thanks again for your help.
Sincerely,
Ed