PDA

View Full Version : May affect Keystone - Door Lock Recall

geo
08-09-2013, 05:22 AM
I don't know if this will affect Keystone products or not, but as the Forum has had a recent thread on door lock issues, I thought it would be worthwhile to post.

http://rvnewsservice.com/2013/08/08/nearly-3-million-rv-door-locks-recalled/

It is easy enough to check to see if you have a recalled lock.

Ron

SAABDOCTOR
08-09-2013, 06:12 AM
(tx) for the heads up:banghead:

MarkS
08-09-2013, 06:29 AM
The article says it is easy to tell if you have a recall lock, but does not say how. Sheesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

geo
08-09-2013, 08:13 AM
The article says it is easy to tell if you have a recall lock, but does not say how. Sheesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry Mark, I only picked up one URL from the other Forum. I just kinda thought others might look up Fastec Industrial using Google, Yahoo, or another search engine. Here's the FAQ page from Fastec that describes how to find the lock model number and the type of keys required.

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/faq/default.html

Ron

jamesfamilytx
08-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. Just a few days ago, when getting our 2013 Bullet 248RKS set up for Dennis who is working out of town several days a week, this very thing happened when our daughter was trying to unlock the door. We now can't open it from the inside or outside. Thank goodness for a second door! Dennis will be returning there tomorrow and will check the lock's model number. It would be nice to get a free replacement in the mail instead of having to pull the trailer back home and take it in to get replaced.

Beth and Dennis James
Austin, TX

KanTC
08-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Thank you Ron! :applause:

DH checked, and ours is part of the recall. [on edit: at least we think it may be? We had a problem with ours previously, so we'll watch for more info]
If we don't hear from Keystone by the end of Sept, we'll be making some phone calls ;)

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

floatflyer
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I just checked the Fastec site and safercar.gov
Three common models of locks are included but the wording is such that not all locks of those models are affected, just those with certain key codes. At least by my reading. Unfortunately nothing specifies those key codes yet so we'll have to wait and watch for additional information. Neither Keystone nor the dealer has been very good about notifying me of things so I am proactive. This site has been very helpful.

DieselMatt
08-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Looks like I too have the model number, but I will need to wait for the key info to see if I am part of the recall.

Thanks for posting this!

floatflyer
08-11-2013, 10:32 PM
According to the info so far almost three million locks will be affected by this so it's going to be huge.

beamer
08-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks so much for the notice.

The key got stuck in our lock, but luckily the trailer was at home. My wife had to crawl in through the laundry door in the pass thru storage and disassemble the door lock from the inside. After about an hour I was finally able to get the key out and working again. I thought it was just a fluke that it happened.

Will be waiting for the official notice. If it doesn't come, then I will replace the lock anyway.

B&T
08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
earlier this year After i noticed some people getting these locks jammed i quit locking our deadbolt from the outside. We only have the one door in our 3100rk so if it jams breaking in is the only answer.

B&T
08-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Ok, here are the details!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM441816/RCMN-13E039-9876.pdf

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Fastec Industrial Corp., a division of WESCO Distribution, Inc., will announce, under the
auspices of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”), a voluntary recall
and replacement program for certain Travel Trailer Lock Deadbolt Cylinders manufactured by
Zhongshan Huafeng Lock Product Co., Ltd. and sold under the FIC brand name between January
1, 2006 and April 25, 2013 (the “Recall Period”).
Our records indicate that Fastec sold potentially affected locks to you during the Recall
Period.

I. Deadbolt Cylinders Subject to Recall
The potentially affected locks are all deadbolt locks that were sold during the Recall
Period with one of the following WESCO part numbers: 43610-00 (Chrome), 43610-06 (Black),
43610-09 (White), 40610-00 (Chrome), 40610-06 (Black), 40610-09 (White), 44610-03
(Chrome), 44610-06 (Black), 44610-09 (White).

The deadbolt cylinders subject to recall fall into two categories.

First, a deadbolt lock with one of the WESCO part numbers sold during the Recall Period
is subject to recall if it has one of the following 20 cylinder key codes: HF
-304, HF-307, HF-308,HF-309, HF-311, HF-313, HF-315, HF-316, HF-320, HF-322, HF-323, HF-328,
HF-331,HF-335, HF-336, HF-339, HF-342, HF-343, HF-347, and HF-349.
The cylinder key code of the lock is stamped on the metal shaft of the Black Headed FICuser key.

The cylinder key code additionally may be found on a white label that is attached to the
main body of the lock. (Example: Ref: Code HF-311, image 2). In the case of a mounted lock,
remove the four interior mounting screws and remove the interior paddle handle and plate
assembly to view the label.

Second, the recall includes anydeadbolt lock
with one of the WESCO part numbers,regardless of the key code, where the key
can be removed from the deadbolt cylinder when the
key is in the 9 o’clock position and the deadbolt is engaged. Under normal use and operation,
the keys to the lock should only be able to be removed in the 12 o’clock (neutral) and 3 o’clock
(unlocked) positions.

Sicapo
08-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Second, the recall includes any deadbolt lock
with one of the WESCO part numbers,regardless of the key code, where the key
can be removed from the deadbolt cylinder when the
key is in the 9 o’clock position and the deadbolt is engaged.

So, from the second statement, how can I know if my lock if affected without trying to remove the key in the 9 o'clock position?
They said it could prevent operating the deadbolt from the inside, but can it still be operated from the outside using the key?
And if I try and the deadbolt effectively jams, does that means that I've locked myself out of the RV? :eek: (I have a Passport 195RB with only one door)

Just don't want to try that!

B&T
08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
So, from the second statement, how can I know if my lock if affected without trying to remove the key in the 9 o'clock position?
They said it could prevent operating the deadbolt from the inside, but can it still be operated from the outside using the key?
And if I try and the deadbolt effectively jams, does that means that I've locked myself out of the RV? :eek: (I have a Passport 195RB with only one door)

Just don't want to try that!

I have the same problem, we are still camping so i will not test it until i get the camper home and then only with the door open -- so if it jams, i can still get to the screws on the inside of the door.

TandE
08-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Well I just checked my cougar to see if the key removes at the 9 o'clock position and it doesn't. :( only reason being its I have two doors and two sets of keys that are different and I was hoping one would fail so I could possibly get the same key for both and of course my keys fall just below and just above the recalled numbers. Oh well another weekend project on the way :D:beer:

Quad
08-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Subscribed

hankaye
08-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Howdy All;

Strange, I pulled the inside portion and looked for the part numbers
that are listed in notice posted by B&T above. Nothing there. I do
have a key code that is NOT listed, just checked the operation of the
key, with the door OPEN, so if anything happened I'd still be able
to get in or out.
Reckon I'm one of the fortunate ones...
B&T, thanks for posting the information.
hankaye

GMcKenzie
08-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Thank you very much for this. You've answered my question asked in
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12645

Now to let my friends know they may get their lock fixed, and to check out mine. I know I can take my key out in the 9 o'clock position so I guess I'm part of it.

Edit:

How can I find out if the recall covers Canada?

Butch Fuzion
10-18-2013, 09:51 PM
I filled out the online notice to them three weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I guess I will have to call them. Thanks to all for getting us this info.

Lost
10-19-2013, 03:43 AM
I filled out the online notice to them three weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I guess I will have to call them. Thanks to all for getting us this info.

The online notice you mentioned is just a survey. You need to call them 800-837-2505.

Wanderingnotlost
10-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks Geo for posting.

Within days of my calling, the new cylinders and keys arrived.

SAABDOCTOR
10-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Once you call them it takes about 10 days to get the new locks and the tool. the lady I talked to was very very nice!:)

440justin
10-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I have not had any luck getting ahold of anyone. I called twice this morning and left the second time, I tried once more this afternoon and got a recording that the voice mail box was full. Hopfully I can get ahold of someone soon so I can get my new locks.

thekid
10-22-2013, 08:02 AM
After a number of calls and no return call. I called Wesco their mother co. and got a good number. 423-434-2744.

Javi
10-22-2013, 08:13 AM
I called yesterday at 11:45 am Central time and got right through. 1-800-837-2505

440justin
10-22-2013, 01:12 PM
After a number of calls and no return call. I called Wesco their mother co. and got a good number. 423-434-2744.

This number was golden! Worked like a charm!

PT RV`er
11-01-2013, 05:09 AM
I just bought my 2013 Passport and I have the affected numbers on my keys. My rig is still at the dealer. Should the dealer fix this as it`s covered under recalls? I`ll have to call and find out.
Just answered my own question. Read the entire recall notice and they specifically said do not contact the dealer.

Javi
11-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Called at noon Monday, had the new locks in hand on Thursday afternoon... locks installed and old ones shipped out on Saturday.

twstdpear
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
We have a main door and bathroom door on our Cougar, both were part of the recall but didn't actually have the symptom (yet). When I called it in, I asked if they could send us two identical sets of replacement cores. I received them earlier this week and sure enough they sent two identical sets.

The new cores are installed and I have one less key on my trailer's keyring now. The only thing remaining is to lube them up so they work as smoothly as the old ones did.

davidjsimons
11-07-2013, 02:21 PM
We have a main door and bathroom door on our Cougar, both were part of the recall but didn't actually have the symptom (yet). When I called it in, I asked if they could send us two identical sets of replacement cores. I received them earlier this week and sure enough they sent two identical sets.

The new cores are installed and I have one less key on my trailer's keyring now. The only thing remaining is to lube them up so they work as smoothly as the old ones did.

Did they send you a notice or did you have to look it up somewhere?

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.

JRTJH
11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
David,

I'm not sure if very many people got a written notice, but you can go to this website and see if you lock sets are included:

davidjsimons
11-07-2013, 04:45 PM
David,

I'm not sure if very many people got a written notice, but you can go to this website and see if you lock sets are included:

Thanks John. I have two doors, one is affected while the other is not.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.

twstdpear
11-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I didn't receive a notice. I saw it here, looked into it and saw my lock cores were affected.

PT RV`er
11-08-2013, 04:12 AM
I didn't receive a notice. I saw it here, looked into it and saw my lock cores were affected.
Same here, I have only owned my Passport for a month. Both my door locks are affected. Called the 800 number, got right thru. Very pleasant girl on the other end, took my info and said I should have the new locks within the week.

08quadram
11-13-2013, 07:34 PM
My 2013 Passport was affected. Never got a recall letter, so I just called the lock company. Sent me my new locks in the mail. They even send a self addressed/stamped package to send back the old ones.

dandjh1958
11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I learned about the recall from this site (thanks everyone) but didn't get around to verifying both on my lock were affected.
Then, I locked myself in the trailer - good thing we have two doors- so I called and they are sending two new locks.
I just need to be careful until they arrive.

I knew something was strange with the locks-half the time the key would come out at the 3oclock position and half the time I swear I was unlocking the door but it wouldn't unlock unless I switched it back and forth and back and forth a couple of times.

Happy camping!!

Husker991
01-14-2014, 12:46 PM
I appreciate you posting this. One of our door locks is impacted, but we were never notified by Keystone. I just submitted the claim to replace the one impacted. Thank you!

HDCVO
01-15-2014, 11:06 AM
I too have a lock on the recall, that has jammed. I called the toll free number twice and there was a different recorded message trying to sell a vacation package. What? Heads up, better call the 423-434-2744 number. The lady I spoke with was polite and is having replacement locks sent out. By the way, this is a new 2014 Fuzion 395. Would have thought Keystone or dealer would have caught this prior to delivery. Ken

robo
01-19-2014, 10:49 AM
my rv was at the dealer for 3-1/2 months i asked them and they where clueless about recall

KJcachers
01-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Just checked mine and I have one of the 2 doors on my Bullet on the list. I did the form and requested replacement for both doors with matching keys for both.

hoffbrew
02-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Just checked 3 of my FIC keys, both doors all good but my storage compartment key is listed, I would think this should be all good too?? My storage doors do not take the CH751.

KJcachers
02-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Just checked mine and I have one of the 2 doors on my Bullet on the list. I did the form and requested replacement for both doors with matching keys for both.

Got my keys and 2 lock cores for 1 door only. They sent me 330's so now I need to buy 2 more 330's cores and change out the back door so every door lock will work on 1 key.

mom2budnbug
04-21-2014, 08:03 PM
I looked at this thread some time ago. Finally read through it again today and printed out the information. Sure enough, our lock is one that is included. DH filled out info online and should take about 3-4 weeks to get replacement parts. Thanks so much for sharing this information,

SAABDOCTOR
04-23-2014, 05:06 AM
JUST A REMINDER FOR THOSE THAT HAVE TWO DOORS AND ONLY ONE LOCK SET IS RECALLED. ASK THEM TO SEND YOU A CODED LOCK SET FOR THE UN RECALLED DOOR THEY WILL DO THAT WITH A SMILE AND YOU NOW HAVE ONLY ONE KEY TO CARRY.:cool:

outwest
05-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but worth a bumping of thread anyway, they've apparently expanded the recall to include more keycodes. When this recall first started, I checked mine and my keycodes were not included. I checked again just a few minutes ago and now the locks on both of my doors are included.

Current list of affected locks are those with deadbolts and keycodes of:
HF-304, HF-307, HF-308, HF-309, HF-311, HF-313, HF-315, HF-316, HF-320, HF-322, HF-323, HF-328, HF-331, HF-335, HF-336, HF-339, HF-342, HF-343, HF-347, and HF-349

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/recall/

Ken / Claudia
05-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Outwest has a good point, I had checked last fall and was ok. A door lock failed 2 weeks ago, dead bolt locked closed. I rechecked the companys web listing and found it was now included. Afew more weeks and new lock will be here, keyed the same as the other door. Until than the paddle lock on the door works fine.

robo
05-20-2014, 02:02 PM
I filled out the form back in February have yet to get them. Has Anyone received the yet

Ken / Claudia
05-20-2014, 06:50 PM
I will post when it gets here, they said it would be about 6 weeks.

mom2budnbug
05-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Robo, we filled information online about weeks ago and were told it would take 5- 8 weeks. We haven't seen them yet.

Lee
06-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Many thanks to the OP!!!(tx)(tx)(tx)

I just checked the key code for my 2013 Cougar and sure enough it's included in the recall. Filled out the online form and now the wait begins :banghead:

jsmith948
06-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Our keys are HF344 - not on the list - but, the key can be removed in the 9 o'clock position. I filled out the online form on 4/8/14 - waited 5 weeks and called FIC customer service and was told it would be about 8 weeks. At 10 weeks I called the toll free number listed on their website and left a message. No one ever returned my call. At 11 weeks I called the corporate number and actually spoke to Chris in customer service. I explained what had transpired to date and Chris apologized, took all of my information and promised to send the locks out. I guess we'll see?

camper 2010
06-29-2014, 07:42 AM
I filled out the online form and did not hear anything. I then called and received my locks within 7 days.

outwest
06-29-2014, 08:53 AM
I filled out the online form and did not hear anything. I then called and received my locks within 7 days.

Thanks for the heads up that we'll probably have to call instead of the online form thing. It's been 6 weeks since I filled out the form, so I guess I'll ring them up Monday.

qwikknect
07-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Called the 1-800 number on June 11th. Explained that one dead bolt had jammed and the other door lock was listed on recall.
Called July 2nd to get a tracking number to confirm the shipment. No luck.
Was told that they have too many requests to trace mine. Going on our annual 2 week trip with one door locked tight and the other with the potential to keep us out of our trailer. Our hopes are with our local RV dealer to fix us up with a temporary solution.

JRTJH
07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Called the 1-800 number on June 11th. Explained that one dead bolt had jammed and the other door lock was listed on recall.
Called July 2nd to get a tracking number to confirm the shipment. No luck.
Was told that they have too many requests to trace mine. Going on our annual 2 week trip with one door locked tight and the other with the potential to keep us out of our trailer. Our hopes are with our local RV dealer to fix us up with a temporary solution.

This may not be the answer you want to hear, but almost every RV dealership has locksets available for sale. Usual cost is about $25. They are easy to install and it only takes about 5 minutes with a Phillips screwdriver. If you're honestly concerned with being locked out, the investment in a new lockset will resolve the problem and hopefully prevent any issues while you're on vacation.

jsmith948
07-02-2014, 10:31 AM
After I called customer service in TN at the toll number, received our new lock cylinders in one week.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

vetorio
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Mine took about 8 weeks.. But now both doors are keyed alike!!

taboky
07-31-2014, 07:27 AM
My number is not on the list, and I can't take key out in 9 o'clock position. However, I can take it out in the 3 o'clock position. Can anyone else? I assume if it jams this way, it is already unlocked anyhow.

jsmith948
07-31-2014, 07:38 AM
According to FIC, it is normal to be able to remove the key in the 3 o'clock position.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

taboky
07-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Cool, thanks.

mom2budnbug
08-04-2014, 01:45 PM
We have yet to receive ours yet and it has been 8-10 weeks. May have to call them.

robo
08-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Called them weeks ago and still nothing. What a scam

jsmith948
08-21-2014, 03:25 AM
I don't know if you can label FIC's recall program a scam. I can imagine that they are severely backlogged given that the number of units affected are in the hundreds of thousands. As I have previously posted, I filled out the online form on 4/8/14. After about 5 weeks, I called the 800 number to check as to whether or not my form was in the system. I was assured that it was and informed that the average delivery time was 8 to 10 weeks. On week number 11, I called the toll number listed on FIC's website and spoke to customer service at the Tennessee corporate office. The service rep apologized, explained that they were backlogged and promised to expedite my replacement cylinders. I received my new cylinders about 1 week later. Just sayin'

SAABDOCTOR
08-21-2014, 04:46 AM
Robo relax they will get them to you at the present time they are swamped. I have delt with them before they are not a Scam!

JRTJH
08-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Called them weeks ago and still nothing. What a scam

If your lockset is functioning, just don't remove the key with the lockset in the 9 oclock position and you won't have any issues. The recall, if you read the entire section, states that if you always remove the key in the 12 o'clock position, it will function normally and there is no greater chance of a jam than with a non-recalled lockset. If you're really Really, REALLY concerned, the lockset costs $4.50 and can be overnighted to you for an increased shipping charge. OR, you can go to your RV dealer and buy a replacement lockset for about $30.

Fastec is a reputable company and they are working on an "honor" system with these locksets. I'd wonder how many people are "getting new locksets because they can" vs "My lockset is defective and not working". So, they are taking the word of callers/internet applicants and shipping FREE locksets to those who request them. I'm sure their shipping department is overwhelmed with requests.

To expect "immediate service" with a program of this scale is simply not going to happen.

Javi
08-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Opps..... I got mine in less than a week, replaced them and sent the old tumblers back as requested..

JRTJH
08-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Opps..... I got mine in less than a week, replaced them and sent the old tumblers back as requested..

Mike,
You ordered yours early in the recall, didn't you?

Javi
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Mike,
You ordered yours early in the recall, didn't you?

Last September or October.. I've slept since so I don't disremember altogether.. :D

They told me two weeks minimum to get them then They showed up FedX in three days..

robo
08-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Sorry all this is on the list thats rotates in my head. I should correct myself they are trying. Very nice when i talked to them.

gurlcruza67
08-21-2014, 04:48 PM
I just check the code on my key and went outside to see if the key comes out of the dead-bolt lock at the 9 oclock position and it does :( I went to the fastec website and requested a replacement. Because of the high demand of recalls it will take anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks.

JRTJH
08-21-2014, 06:16 PM
I just check the code on my key and went outside to see if the key comes out of the dead-bolt lock at the 9 oclock position and it does :( I went to the fastec website and requested a replacement. Because of the high demand of recalls it will take anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks.

That's what the website says, but don't be disappointed if you haven't got your replacements before the camping season ends. Some members are still waiting after 8-10 weeks with no information available. It may well be "later" rather than "sooner".

Just remind everyone who uses your RV lock to always return the key to the 12 o'clock position before removal. The Fastec website indicates that by doing that, the lock should function normally and not bind.

mom2budnbug
08-22-2014, 08:45 PM
We have to be on week 10 and no locks yet. We will see them when we see them:)

whitebb
08-31-2014, 06:33 AM
I had messed up a lock last year due to getting a key mad from a local key place in WV and then replaced it. Guess what it went bad and I looked around internet and found mfg and looked at their web site and my new lock was on their list and It has arrived at my home base address. Just a bad set of locks. Mfg honored the replacement.:)

Lee
09-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Update:

I just called Fastec to inquire as to the status of my recall Lock request. I filled out the form on their website June 27th and haven't heard anything.

The polite Gentleman who answered the phone told me that they were just now getting to April's requests.

It's going to be awhile.....

Lee

Ken / Claudia
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
I placed a order for a broken recalled lock 1st week of May. I was told 6-8 weeks. I starting phoneing and leaveing messeges every week since August without a return phone call. Last week I went to the web site and emailed with my whole story. Got a email back today 9-19 stating sorry, the lock will be mailed out next week. I will post if/when I get it and any reason why so long.

Ken / Claudia
10-01-2014, 12:54 PM
I just got the replacement locks. I placed the 1st order in May by phone and phoned several times leaveing my information without any returned phone calls. I finally went to the web site and they emailed back and took about one week to get them in the mail. My advice do not phone use the web. Replacement should only take acouple minutes unless like me I had the key break off in the bad lock last May. I took the lock/latch out of the door and drilled out the broken parts. So I took longer.

mom2budnbug
10-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Well, in reading the last two posts, we should be getting ours soon.

unclerj
12-04-2014, 12:11 PM
I just got the replacement locks. I placed the 1st order in May by phone and phoned several times leaveing my information without any returned phone calls. I finally went to the web site and they emailed back and took about one week to get them in the mail. My advice do not phone use the web. Replacement should only take acouple minutes unless like me I had the key break off in the bad lock last May. I took the lock/latch out of the door and drilled out the broken parts. So I took longer.

I had just the opposite experience. I put my information into the web form and never got any response. When I phoned, I got connected to an actual person and then the parts were sent fairly quickly.

Our lock was stuck out of position and the key wouldn't even go in, so I had no way to insert the master tool. I had to access the back of the lock where I could jimmy it with a paperclip until it came out. Luckily I didn't have to do any drilling.

You are right about the quick change if everything else is ok. I had three other locks to change that only took about a minute.

outwest
12-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Website form was filled out May 17th. Got the replacement cylinders Dec 11th.

Have two doors with affected locks and only got 1 set of cylinders *laf*

mom2budnbug
12-17-2014, 08:06 PM
We received our locks last week! Think we ordered them in May or June.

Lee
12-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Ordered mine on June 27th via their website.

Received the locks yesterday.

notanlines
01-24-2015, 03:00 PM
We filled out the form in the first week of December and we got the new locks in the mail today.:)

gkainz
01-25-2015, 06:28 PM
I filled out the form on the web sometime in May 2014... Still not received anything.

robo
07-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Ok finaly got them after about a year last month well guess what happened. Yup lock failed deadbolt stucki. Lock position key at 90degrees can not reinsert key. Best part about it the locks ony been turn maybe 6 -10 times. Calling fic in morning

Ken / Claudia
07-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Boy that sucks. Hope they get new ones out right away. My locks have been working as normal since last Nov. Since the trailer sits 10 ft from rear house door we are in/out of it weekly. So the door locks get a work out.

rode2nowhere
07-06-2015, 02:24 PM
I have had trouble getting mine unlocked and my key number matches, guess I have to call them?

Ken / Claudia
07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
look at the key, they have a number, so does the lock (same number). Check the site and see if they are on the recall list.

rode2nowhere
07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
the key number does, have to look at lock

robo
07-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Wow today i got the hole lock and latch assy via ups even keyed the same as current lock wtg FIC